Anybody have and ideas for new interesting underground locations ?

kirloper

I actually do have an idea for that, but it's going to be a while. After looking over some of the Vault pieces in Fallout 4 I kinda thought that it "might" be possible to synthesize some alien interiors. One project idea that I do have is to have a huge part of the Beta Mothership (that's the one you blew up in Mothership Zeta) crashed underwater off the coastline of Boston. But don't be getting your hopes up, the test build phase for something like that is still like... 2 weeks away.

Also.

Aliens.

The work you've done on the Raven Rock command center is amazing, you are clearly talented.

I actually do have an idea for that, but it's going to be a while. After looking over some of the Vault pieces in Fallout 4 I kinda thought that it "might" be possible to synthesize some alien interiors. One project idea that I do have is to have a huge part of the Beta Mothership (that's the one you blew up in Mothership Zeta) crashed underwater off the coastline of Boston. But don't be getting your hopes up, the test build phase for something like that is still like... 2 weeks away.

Also.

Aliens.

The work you've done on the Raven Rock command center is amazing, you are clearly talented.

Thank you.

-Mothership interior. Obviously, no alive aliens, since we're talking about a relic here.

what, no Xenomorphs?

I was thinking about something more lore-friendly :wink:

Something, that wouldn't be completely detached from the game world and story; moreover, if it was to use existing characters and/or elements of story, that would positively affect game immersion. Hence the idea about alien - Institute connection. Like I mentioned, even Vault-Tec could have been involved at some point.

Imagine Vault-Tec building one of their first Vaults. There's a cave-in, which opens way to a new area. They find the mothership and decide to study it, but there's no time - the preparations for the war are underway. So, Vault-Tec scientists and engineers just rip from the ship whatever tech they can salvage, and seal the cave-in, with plans of coming back later (after all, nobody believed that the war is really going to happen). The technology they retrieved from the alien craft is cryo-chamber... Guess, where they used it.

That would nicely explain Vault 111 origins. I always thought Vault 111 story was kinda "off". After all, most other Vaults were simple sociological experiments, V111 was unique in that it was meant to test some "never-seen-before" tech (well, there were also others, but none was equipped with something so revolutionary).

As to the Institute, they could've found the mothership a lot later, after the war. They used original alien idea of creating synth infiltrators, and their technology as a starting point for all advancements (synths, weapons, teleportation).

To make things even more interesting, let's assume that the Institute scientist found the evidence of pre-war Vault-Tec presence aboard the ship. They realized, that Vault-Tec was interested in cryo-preservation technology. So, when the Institute was in need of finding a reservoir of perfectly clean, pre-war DNA, they already knew where to look for it... :devil:

In my original post I also forgot to mention few ideas for some less "orthodox" player rewards for completing the mod.

Remember those colorful, gem-like "whatchamacallits" you could collect in "Mothership Zeta"? Nice, but useless. I suspect most of players were using them to decorate their house in Megaton. I was thinking of something like that, but actually useful - an alien Universal Resource. A simple, almost weightless cube, ball, gem, whatever. Thing is, you can scrap it. When you do, it gives you a set amount of WHATEVER resource you currently need. There can be even two types of it. One, smaller - after scrapping it the player is presented with onscreen trading interface, where they can choose the resource they need - say, adhesive or copper. The amount of resource is always the same, for example 25 pieces. The second, bigger, gives the player only minimal amounts - like 10 or even 5 pieces, but it gives you EVERY possible resource at once. Game balance issues can be easily avoided - those UR thingies should be only found aboard the alien craft, in a very limited amount. Pros for the player - you can always have some resources on you, lightweight and ready to be used. In-game explanation for UR's existence: whatever you want. A little bit of quantum-magic always works... Say, it's just a virtual container for a space singularity; a tiny wormhole through which you can pull whatever matter you currently need. After that the singularity is closed and no longer usable (because you scrap it).

Another idea for the player reward was overpowered (pun intended) alien power generator. Small piece of equipment, that can be put even on a coffee table, but is fully usable to power a settlement. It should have ridiculously enormous power output, mainly because I thought of it as some kind of a joke. There can be just one piece, so it won't break your game with overabundance of free energy. So yeah, you've got yourself a power source, that gives you 1000 points of power, but you can only use it in one place. Besides, what are you going to do with that? Attach a hundred of heavy laser turrets? :D Still, potentially you could put those "string of lights" lamps and neon signs all over the place, turning one of your settlements into New Vegas...

How about the character falls into a hole that takes him/her to an underground world with two cities, one primitive and the other more advanced. Both are deserted but have interesting loot to find. The reason the cities are deserted is because of the monsters and predators running around. Kill the beasts and collect the loot.

I know that this is going to sound weird, but I have an idea for a unique underground location. This is something that I always thought about doing for Nuka World, but... I just don't have the time. How about a hidden Vault Tec facility in the park where scientist use to kidnap tourist and experiment on them?

• 1 month later...

Interiors project

This is a rundown on all of the interiors I have designed but not finished so far. They are all now made from scratch so no copying of vanilla interiors that is why it takes so long to make these. But there is a few things I copied left over from when I began learning the creation kit.

Slaughter Pass Cavern (This will be redone)

Concord to Wildwood Cemetery (Will update this add new surface escapes)

US Federal Gold Reserve (Might move this somewhere else maybe near the sentinel site or connected)

Collapsed Subway

MedTek Research Station (Will update this one too)

Collapsed Submarine Pen

Boston Lurker (Submarine)

Underneath the glowing sea I am going to create several large military installations all self sufficient and connected to each other via subways and underground roads. They will connect to Decayed Reactor, Abandoned Shack, Sentinel Site, Federal Supply Cache and Vault 95 as well as the other several military installations dotted around the glowing sea. The system will be called THE NETWORK.

Abandoned Military Tunnels (Unfinished part of the NETWORK

Diamond City Sewers (A huge underground pumping station)

Medical Waste Repository (Just a place to casually dump harmful chemicals and create a army of ghouls)

Nuka Cola Factory (Based between Poseidon energy turbine 18f and Irish Pride Shipping Yard

Tiny Tots Toy Factory (Based right next to BADTFL Regional Office)

Tank Factory

Reactor Waste Containment (Positioned next to the decayed reactor and connected to the network)

Arturos Munitions Storage (Secret locked bunker underneath Arturos house. Want to create a story of him secretly being a front for a shady mercenary group from a mod in FNV

Boston Police Headquarters (Large HQ with plenty of weapons)

Chinese POW Camp (Inside the excavated Drain Tunnel)

Grey Tortoise Factory

Super Duper Mart (Glowing Sea)

Quarantined Car Tunnel (Left over from the new plague)

Quarantined Train Tunnel (new plague)

Quarantined Train Depot (new plague)

Research Bunker (inspired by the research bunker from tomb raider but with more levels)

Research Bunker Entrance

Sewer Treatment

Sewer (Currently designing it and figuring out what it will look like)

Subway (Stretches from Kendall Hospital to CIT Ruins to Holy Mission Church to Police Precinct 8)

Subway 2 (Links to Holy Mission Church to Hallucigen and Vault Tech HQ)

Subway 3

Subway 4

Subway 5 (Will link the NETWORK to the previous subways)

USM Robot Reclamation Storage

Many others will also be built from ideas here in the comments such as:

Science facility like CERN or LHC

Underground Water Reservoirs and caverns like the film the descent or other caving films

Archelogy sites

Mole Rat, Ant Tunnels

Catacombs (Collapsed Catacombs trapping hundreds of survivors leading them to go insane and kill each other like the film as above so below)

Alien mothership buried deep underground

Some kind of Space Facility or launch pad

Crashed Alien wreckage off the coast

I would like to recreate the underground pyramid from predator vs aliens

Hidden Vault where they conducted secret experiments on tourists and communist sympathisers.

Or what about an underground bio down like crisis

Some kind of occult vault where the filthy rich lived in and conducted horrendous atrocities.

I am getting pretty good at recreating areas from other games and films so maybe if there is anything you all want recreating I can try. I can literally build anything now from scratch it just takes allot of time to decide on designs, colours and individual pieces to collect in a object pallet. Nice Ideas Everyone :laugh: