ENB brightness configurations for nights

Vulkanodox

I'm using

I like the overall graphics with this setup, but I really have problems with how dark the game is at night or in interiors. It's literally pitch black if not standing in the two meters light radius of a lights source. Using any light source like a torch makes it even worse as it only night blinds me.

I know that the properties listed under the [Environment] tag in the ini setting file change the light effects but I'm not sure which I have to change and if I change some do I have to calibrate the other properties too to match the change?

current settings

You dont need to change anything in [Environment] if your nights or interiors are too dark.

1st of all you dont need to edit any .ini file in your browser. Press sh ift + ENTER (most ENBs keys use these) to open ENB menu. (sorry if you knew that already it seems to me you tweaked it in browser instead of in game)

2nd when you open ENB menu you can change brightness directly in ENBEFFECTS section of SHADER PARAMETERS window. You can do that separately for nights interiors and more (dusk, dawn etc)

-you can also change minimum adaptation for all of those if you prefer instead

-you can also change brightness under the colorcorrection in enbseries.ini window (the one on the left -2nd window from top) Tweaking brightness and gamma in there can also help you.

Depending on your ENB and effects used in reshade you need to try and tweak it to your liking as one small change of one parameter may change your overall picture.

Edited by zajkoajko

I thought the ENB had options to change darkness in its in-game menu?

its horrible and messes up the whole image. Everything turns blue-grey

Not with me it doesn't. I only used it once though, with Firemanaf's NVT-Vanilla ENB preset where I upped the darkness setting from one to two (the maximum) which made nights twice as bright from the original pitch black darkness. Must add I also use Darker Nights, which, even in its lowest setting, doesn't make things easier.

You should have a look at Firemanaf's ENB presets. They're gorgeous. I switched to his after having tried the PRT ENB preset. I also switched to Dolomite Weathers before that and although Firemanaf has a specific preset for Dolomite Weathers, I prefer his NVT-Natural Atmospheric Tamriel ENB preset with Dolomite Weathers.

Also have a look at Boris Vorontsov's latest binaries. The recent updates from 24, 27 and 28 December have changed the game's lighting dramatically. People usually don't update those because the version number isn't changed and is still v0.325. In case you don't know, only drag 'n' drop the d3d11.dll and d3dcompiler_46e.dll files into SSE's main install folder, not the enbseries folder that comes with the binaries. With the latter you'll need sunglasses to look at the screen because settings are way too bright.