More mount options - racial mounts

Minakie

I'd like to see a mod that added more mount options for each race, based on the ideas found on this thread. The goal would be to make the mounts as lore-friendly as possible but, if possible, I'd like to have each race have 2 mounts instead of just one (even if the same mount could be used by more than one race), to give the player more choices... which means some mounts may be a bit less lore-friendly.

Altmer: elk / griffin (flightless)

Argonian: root worm/rock worm / wamasu

Bosmer: big wolf / big boar / deer

Breton: saber cat / ?

Dunmer: stilt runner / battle guar

Imperial: jutland horse / chariot / ?

Khajiit: senche / panther

Nord: bear / mammoth

Orc: welma / bear

Redguard: camel / ?

I am a bit concerned that the point of this mod was to give each race other mounts to chose from other than horses... which is exactly the only mount what Imperials now have as a suggestion. Maybe they could get a unicorn instead? Although it's still technically a horse with a horn. xD

Suggestions for extra mounts are welcome. :smile:

My goal would be to have 2-3. versions of the mod:

- open mounts: the mounts can be used by any race and all have vanilla speed

- open mounts w/ bonus: the mounts can be used by any race, but they'll have bonus stats if used by their respective races

- race exclusive: only the respective races can use the new mounts (eg: senches can only be mounted by khajiits)

I have no idea HOW the races would be obtained though, I don't know anything about actually creating a mod (coding, scripting, etc), so I don't know if it would be possible to just buy these on the stables or if they'd need to be added in another way.

And yes, I am aware how hard it would be for someone to make such a mod, especially considering all the new mount models (unless we could get permission from auhors to use some of the new mounts that were already created?). Would something like this even be possible or am I delusional? xD

Edited by Minakie