Phantom Carry Weight and Vanishing Stored Items

EXBLASTER

Hello. This is my first post for help on this forum, so I apologize if I fail to format this properly or put this in the wrong place.

I'm experiencing 2 bugs that are turning me away from playing tesv, so I'm hoping there is a fix somewhere.

For one, my character seems have 200 carry weight by default. Even with every item deposited, save for the unusual gems and other quest items, my Orc defaults to roughly 206 units. The enchantment table depicts some unreadable items, and the player.showinventory command shows items that I'm simply not carrying. Can this be counteracted?

Speaking of invisible items, I've been using labyrinthian's sanctuary as free storage since the beginning of my quest. However, I've found that it's become very slow to store things (which is understandable). The more salient issue is that many of my items have just up-and-vanished. Hundreds of banishing dwarven bows and expensive potions, as well as a lot of the weapons and armor I thought were cool and planned to upgrade have suddenly gone missing. However, items are still present, but only a sliver of what I'd been collecting. I've read some other posts saying that the items are "present", but are invisible; the fix is to take the chest's contents and they should reappear. However, this doesn't seem to be the case; I've emptied the chests and urns of the sanctuary and they remain empty.

Please let me know if there are immediate fixes to these matters outside of a fresh start. If needed, I can provide a mods list, or other resources you guys may need.

Thank you!

Go and store everything you can somewhere. Then use "player.showinventory" to get the id's of those phantom items, then "player.removeitem [id] [quantity]" to remove them. PgUp and PgDn scroll the console window.

If you still have that extra, count the weight of all undroppable items (those gems etc.) together and substract from your Orc's live weight. Then do "player modav.inventoryweight -x" with the x being the number you just counted.

If your Orc still keeps getting back that extra weight, tough s*** I guess. :D You could try "player.forceav inventoryweight 0" or something but that might just mess things up more.

Also I don't know why the inventoryweight command doesn't really come up in google searches. Just the carryweight one that affects the latter number.

About those items vanishing from containers, maybe try not to store such immense amounts of stuff in the same chest next time. :tongue:

Edited by jesusristus