Questions about HDT-SMP by hydrogensayshdt

soereide93

Hey

As probably a couple of you know, the initial version of HDT-Skinned Mesh Physics has been "released" for SE.

http://www.9damao.com/thread-61878-1-1.html (The page is in Chinese so you need to use a browser with integrated translator)

I've been testing it out and trying to compare it to CBP-Physics which you can find here on the nexus. I want to get some inputs on what you think about this mod compared to CBP.

Or if someone has had any problems with it or problems with installing it.

So far, my opinion is that it looks promising. Some minor issues with "twitching" and collision. But looks much better then CBP. It actually implements real physics, instead of CBP that makes a pretty "stiff" animation when you move.

For some reason i get a major FPS-Drop (like 60 fps to 7-8 fps) in interior-houses/sheds etc.. Caves, caverns etc works fine.

Have anyone had any similar problems?

Edited by soereide93

CBP Physics is designed for you to adjust the physics of the body for your choosing. HDT SMP is bullet point which is only availabe for clothing and hair at the moment. The folks over at LL have an entire thread about the subject. I'm huge into clothing, hair and body physics since it represents realism. I wish CBP Physics would continue to develop so we have a couple alternatives. As of right now. Unless you want to do the conversions and build XML files with HDT SMP your best bet is to work with CBP since HDT is only in early, early alpha. It works, but has a tone of bugs and we don't know when HydrogensaysHDT will update the mod. Onunius is updating the CBBE accordingly with HDT SMP, but again it's in really early alpha and really only works on clothes not much of the body.

If you check the thread which I do once in a while you'll see the progress they're making on it.

I have been playing around with it and it seems to work fairly well. Be ready to learn on your own, though , as the dudes over on LL that know about it are rather tight lipped and any questions are met with a near hostile responses.

I found this helpful....

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3800385-a-guide-to-hdt-smp-usersmodders/

I have been playing around with it and it seems to work fairly well. Be ready to learn on your own, though , as the dudes over on LL that know about it are rather tight lipped and any questions are met with a near hostile responses.

I found this helpful....

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3800385-a-guide-to-hdt-smp-usersmodders/

I'm getting ready to see if I can create some male body presets.. So this will definitely help me too if I choose to add physics to it.

@TheWilloughbian I have read up on that page a little bit. I just recently started my adventure into creating mods. So coding is pretty "greek" to me still, but im getting there. After tweaking around with the .xml files i have been able to increase the performance. But you need a pretty good rig to run this with a heavily modded game aswell. CBP is stable, working and is uploaded here so that means its easy to obtain and gain knowledge about.

@Tooneyman SMP-HDT works fully as far as i have been able to find out in my testings. It needs alot of tweaking/optimizing, and unless you have little knowledge about coding and modding in general. This is not a mod for you. Biggest issue i have with SMP at the moment is performance. SMP works perfectly with every clothing/armour mod and the standard breast physics body from CBBE. It does not however work so great with the "Special Body". Not gonna go into to much detail about that, but you probably get what im meaning. Well just have to wait and see. First and for most im more excited for the beta release of racemenu. Long live character creation :D

I dont get much of that page. Like chrome does, it just straight translates each word seperately. So the sentences makes little to no meaning :P

Have you made any understanding of what was updated?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Intrigued by HDT-SMP, I used Ousnius' CBBE Body Special rigged for SMP, and I downloaded the physics from 9damao. I also managed to dig out a few experimental hair wigs that use SMP, and on LL a conversion of HDT earrings and necklace mods from Oldrim.

The result is fascinating. Hair and earring movement is very life-like compared to the HDT-PE. The necklaces were a bit twitchy. Boobs have a more natural movement and I got some collision on my attempt.

Now, the uglier parts. Some of the wigs were game-crashers and had to be removed. The moment one was equipped, everything came to a halt, like0.003 frames a second. So I cut those out. They were Chinese mods.

Secondly, with the remaining wigs I discovered that interiors where there were people​ and similarly exteriors where people gathered (think Whiterun Market), were FPS crushers. I'd go from 60 to 11FPS. Remove the HDT wig and instantly everything is back to normal.

I assume the earrings and there movement are too small to make a significant difference. Since the long hair wig my toon is currently using is so awesome, I am tempted to keep it for exploring and then go back to vanilla hair when FPS drops. It's only an inventory change.

So, Soereide93's FPS issues showed up. And I was using the latest from TheWilloughbian's link (thank you).

I use a fully packed Skyrim SE, with Skyrim Re-Engaged ENB. There was some talk of the earlier SMP versions having conflicts with ENB (colour rendering, etc). I have not seen any in my game. So far...

I'm interested to see where this takes us. Do I go back to the CBP for now? Or keep on trying this?