Questions about HDT-SMP by hydrogensayshdt

soereide93

There's a few things with SMP that seem to bog things down. One of them is changing cells while wearing certain HDT rigged out fits. The meshes will freak out for a few seconds then snap back to shape. My observation has been that this is when FPS start to take a hit. I think it clogs up memory or something. Only thing you can do is reload. I found that I have more issues when I load a game where I have HDT rigged clothing already equipped. For these reason I take off the HDT cape before I save or go through a door. (i have it set to a hotkey) My advice is not to push it too hard. Limit it to 1 or 2 HDT items at a time on your character.

For now HDT SMP SSE is fun so long you understand its limitations. I use it because I wanted flowing capes really bad.

It's getting better little by little. It's just still in the early stages. Whether you use it or not depends on what you want out of physics. For just T and A bounce, stay with CBP. If you want to experiment and test new SMP meshes, then HDT.

I've put aside the HDT for now. I've gone back to CBP. Being a MO2 user at least I can switch it on and off with a click.

I've decided to wait until HydrogensaysHDT releases her work on Nexus.

Ive tested the latest release now, and it works without any major flaws. I dont have the stuttering issue which i had in the beginning and no CTD. It does require some more memory to run which means i am restricting myself with graphical and script mods so i can run it smoothly. With a more powerful rig im guessing it wouldnt do all that much to my performance.

I will give it more time, and in the meantime im trying to learn how to apply this physics to capes, skirts, dresses etc. Would be awsome if we also sooner or later see some hdt hair mods. i dont know, if hdt hair mods from oldrim could be straight ported over. As they relied on PE (havok) not (bullet) and since old meshes dont work in SE.

I will try some HDT hairstyles and capes from oldrim, and comment back when ive had some progress

Ive tested the latest release now, and it works without any major flaws. I dont have the stuttering issue which i had in the beginning and no CTD. It does require some more memory to run which means i am restricting myself with graphical and script mods so i can run it smoothly. With a more powerful rig im guessing it wouldnt do all that much to my performance.

I will give it more time, and in the meantime im trying to learn how to apply this physics to capes, skirts, dresses etc. Would be awsome if we also sooner or later see some hdt hair mods. i dont know, if hdt hair mods from oldrim could be straight ported over. As they relied on PE (havok) not (bullet) and since old meshes dont work in SE.

I will try some HDT hairstyles and capes from oldrim, and comment back when ive had some progress

I'm not aware of any release since the one I downloaded? The 1-5-23? This is the one that gives me major FPS drops.

Not for me anymore. seems to have been fixed. something about how the module saves cache or writes data. idk. It was clogging up anyway, and causing your system to lag and eventually crash

I'm not aware of any release since the one I downloaded? The 1-5-23? This is the one that gives me major FPS drops.

Latest is 1/29/18

Thanks - my bad. I was looking at the date of the post and the SKSE version. I've downloaded the latest and will try it out.

• 2 weeks later...