Newbie being lost in skyrim modding, need advice.

Mejster

hmm.......

I'll have to try it again.

Sooooo glad LODs are included, Dyndolod takes forever.

I'll pm if all goes well. Could also be I went over the plugin limit last time (233 is already pretty high).

@youresnotsupposedtobeinhere

Yea most likely at my tipping point. (Was at 236 plugins and heavy load order) I use Mihail's flesh atronach's that are added to the college. Probably edits the same records as Summerset in that area, who knows... I noticed some longer load times then crashed going through the dorm door during Mirabelle's tour.

This is just one of those heavy mods man... I really like all my other mods too much to go through and troubleshoot one by one just to get it to work.

Maybe for a rainy day...

By clear Skyrim I meant, vanilla Skyrim "clear without mods" :3 So you suggest to delete Enhanced landscapes, install Noble Skyrim then Vivid. Dyndolod. Add/change these in enblocal.ini

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false - if set to "True" memory blocks will NOT be set up by ENB and you run the game on shitty vanilla memory that crashes.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true - True= memory blocks will do their job. reduces memory to blocks instead of all at once which crashes your game
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false - keep it false, unless you see on Google that your system uses this. most DO NOT.
DisablePreloadToVRAM=true - Keep True or else you can seriously mess your computer up. Your computer might not start up again if set to false. NEVER preload to VRAM be warned.
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true - True =smooth gameplay might crash after an hour. False= never crash but a bit stuttery gameplay
ReservedMemorySizeMb=64 - the amount of memory buffer in megabytes, can increase to 128, 264, 512. For now, just keep at 64 because ENB is optimized for a very small buffer.
VideoMemorySizeMb=16256 - your total memory block size in MB
EnableCompression=true - True= smooth performance. False = more smooth performance, possible crash though. Depends on the power of your machine. For now, keep True.
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false - Keep false or else VideoMemorySizeMb block will be shitty vanilla of 0 mb. which means you crash.
I made a backup version of vanilla so will just reinstall Skyrim and do this proper way this time, and installing fewer mods :3
Skyrim
Skse
SMIM
Ruins Clutter Improved
Noble Skyrim
Vivid
Correct me if I'm wrong but you mentioned that :

Noble Skyrim in 2K resolution

https://www.nexusmod...tab=description

Then, overwrite the files with a Noble Skyrim parallax patch, search for "Noble Skyrim parallax"

Parallax effect adds depth to textures giving it a 3D pop effect. Man! So worth it if you want to go the extra mile. Otherwise, you may find some retexture mods look better than the ones made with parallax.

To each their own. but worth checking out anyways as an option.

So they shouldn't have any problems?

Edited by Mejster

Yup, you got it! Do that procedure.

Noble Skyrim parallax will crash your game... I just remembered. So stick with what Noble Skyrim does.

Below are the parallax mods that work as listed in my NMM. Install AFTER Noble Skyrim and overwrite when prompted by NMM.

Parallax Fix Project - Meshes - PFP - Hectrol CAVES DELUXE

Northfire's Mountains with parallax 2K - Northfire's Mountains with parallax 2K

Granite Markarth and Dwemer Ruins - parallax - Granite Markarth and Dwemer Ruins - Parallax

Granite Markarth and Dwemer Ruins - parallax - Granite Markarth 1.3

Gildergreen 4K Parallax - Gildergreen 4K Parallax

4K Parallax High Hrothgar by Pfuscher - Update1

Pfuscher 4K Parallax High Hrothgar by Pfuscher - High Hrothgar

those 4ks are ok. Becuase high hrothgar is just a building and an interior.

Totally recommended as they work and are not as complicated as others that do the same thing. yea... there are others that are more complicated.

Might as well go all the way in landscapes before running Dyndolod.

PLEASE READDDDD

ENBLOCAL.INI

---------------------------------->>>>>>>>Make sure you copy and paste those Enblocal.ini settings under [MEMORY] from the previous post

---------------------------------->>>>>>>>TO MAKE PARALLAX NOT LOOK MESSED UP COPY THIS UNDER [Fix] also in your Enblocal.ini file.

[FIX]
FixPhysics=true
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixSsaoHairTransparency=true
FixSsaoHairTransparency=True
RemoveBlur=true
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixCursorVisibility=false
IgnoreLoadingScreen=true
FixAliasedTextures=false
FixTintGamma=false
FixSkyReflection=true
FixParallaxTerrain=true
FixLag=false

ONE LAST THING WITH NOBLE SKYRIM:

Here are the noble skyrim files from the mod page i used as listed in NMM:

DO NOT install the "All-in-One" on the modpage" I'm pretty sure something gets messed up by the parallax mods or vivd landscapes if you do

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - NSM - SMIM Patch

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 22. NSM - DLC DRAGONBORN ONLY

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 21. NSM - DLC DAWNGUARD ONLY

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 20. CAMPING SET ONLY

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 18. NSM - 4K-ALCHEMY-WORKBENCH

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 17. NSM - NORMAL AND NOBLE FURNITURE ONLY

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 15. NSM - BLACKSMITH SET ONLY

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 14. NSM - SHIPS ONLY

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 13. NSM - RATWAYS ONLY

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 12. NSM - MINES ONLY

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 08.NSM - HIGHHROTHGAR ONLY

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 07. NSM - WINTERHOLD COLLEGE ONLY

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 05. NSM - RIFTEN ONLY

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 04. NSM - WINDHELM ONLY

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 03. NSM - SOLITUDE ONLY_4K

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K - 02. NSM - WHITERUN-ONLY

Yea, modding sucks... and is complicated.

Edited by Leadpipejustice

In terms of less Skyrim mods...

remember the post about programs that enhance the OLDRIM vanilla engine...

Windows 7 will utilize ENB memory to the fullest.

This past years Fall update for Windows 10 should also... as it didn't before. So if you have windows youre good. Otherwise I'm not sure what you do in order for ENB to utilize your machine's memory. (I think you install the enb for YOUR OS...doy! )

Usually, crashing is from not installing Boris's ENB program right. If INSTALLED RIGHT, you will know becuase things will look good, And "Shift-Enter to bring up enb menu" will be prompted on the title screen.

And if it's working, that means the memory settings used in the enblocal.ini are too.

Crashing is almost ALWAYS from running out of memory, a mod with badly implemented scripts, or a conflicting mod. -OR- going past the 255 esp plugin limit.

Having SKSE installed is mandatory for the stability patch to work. No patch, no stability, and enb memory will still run out.

WITH THAT BEING SAID.

I have a large, script heavy, and new land heavy load order of 383 active mods and 235 active esp plugins...

I am pretty sure both of us use similar high end machines. Only yours is most likely better..

If you are crashing frequently, somethings not right. :smile:

I almost always never crash, and I use Bethini to run smooth even with maxed out NVIDIA settings.

I use Noble Skyrim cause it covers a lot of retextures in one mod page. The downside is any parallax patch for Noble Skyrim seems to crash.

Otherwise any texture mod, including the fancy parallax ones are ok to use before running dyndolod.

Your rig should do fine even if you retextured the whole game

YES and NO. project parallax avoid. Skyrim HD Terrain Parallax avoid, (Vivid landscapes has parallax and does it better). Roads and bridges are ok. Avoid parallax trees, already done better by SFO which has parallax and more.

Noble Skyrim looks really good. (No parallax effect though, and not all mods need parallax, some parallax mods look bad compared to others without.)

If you want to go parallax crazy with project parallax then you are on your own. Noble Skyrim will not be compatible with those files.

Project Parallax's mod page looks simple enough until you look into it. Seems like there are a lot of things to go wrong with incompatibilities. Simply because those files add parallax effect to existing retexture mods.

So always make sure the parallax mod is standalone. Not just an effect added to a pre-existing mod floating around.

In conclusion.... big deal project parallax! Now we have to find all those mods and THEEEEEN apply parallax to them. Just my 2 cents here.

REMEMBER- If you are using Skyrim Flora Overhaul, parallax will not work with those parallax tree mods as well. Because SFO already has parallax effect and custom tree meshes and therefore custom billboards (AKA tree LODs that are specifically made for Dydolod).

ALL Roads and Bridges retex mods are ok to overwrite and replace. UNLESS it says parallax effect is being applied to Noble Skyrim's roads.

ALSO,

Glaciers and Icebergs are ok.

glacierslab- i want this one but i'm too lazy to run Dyndolod again for the 100th time!!

https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82157