Changing an NPC's appearance?

thegod656

Hi, I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to Creation Kit and I've tried to google/youtube guides on this, but have ran into problems.

What I wanna do: on Special Edition, I wanna change the facial appearance (including hair) of a follower NPC from a certain mod. The facial appearance that I want the follower to have is that of one of my own player characters. I use CharacterMakingExtender where you can save presets if that makes it any easier. Any help/guidance would be HUGELY appreciated!

Ok when you start up the CK you have to load Skyrim.esm as well as any other esm/esp files that the mod your follower is located in. Then select the mod esp file itself and tick "Set as active plugin". Now after a long wait and everything loads type the name of the NPC in the "Object window" Double click on there and rifle through the tabs to change whatever you like. when you're done don't forget to not only Save the altered esp file but I think its a good idea to "Export Facegen Data" to avoid a possible Gray Face bug.

I'm a novice myself but i've done some NPC alteration on Sylgia to get rid of that ghastly hair cut :)

Ok when you start up the CK you have to load Skyrim.esm as well as any other esm/esp files that the mod your follower is located in. Then select the mod esp file itself and tick "Set as active plugin". Now after a long wait and everything loads type the name of the NPC in the "Object window" Double click on there and rifle through the tabs to change whatever you like. when you're done don't forget to not only Save the altered esp file but I think its a good idea to "Export Facegen Data" to avoid a possible Gray Face bug.

I'm a novice myself but i've done some NPC alteration on Sylgia to get rid of that ghastly hair cut :smile:

when i do that, it also loads like dawnguard.esm and all those other master files for DLC, then it gives me an error saying i cant have multiple master files being loaded at once

• 9 months later...

I'm a novice myself but i've done some NPC alteration on Sylgia to get rid of that ghastly hair cut :smile:

when i do that, it also loads like dawnguard.esm and all those other master files for DLC, then it gives me an error saying i cant have multiple master files being loaded at once

I dont know if you ever found your answer for multiple master files, but I was looking around myself on how to change an NPCs appearance (I want my handsome Farkas and Vilkas back lol) and I figured I'd tell you myself since I've only just started learning myself, yesterday.

To enable multiple master mods, go to the CreationKit.ini in your folders and add this line (bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1) in between [General] and bUseVersionControl=0, so that the first few lines of your CreationKit.ini look like this:

[General]

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

bUseVersionControl=0