[LE] Armor Mesh Stretching/skinning/weight painting issue

So I've been trying to convert an armor set from oblivion into Skyrim and so far I've gotten the armor into the game and it was fitting and animating properly and it was okay, but I noticed that when I was jumping the main body of the armor was connected to the arms and the back of the helmet was moving in a very unnatural way. I've been looking online but I can't seem to find much information about the issue. From what I've found it looks like a skinning/ weight paint issue, I've tried messing around with the weight paint tool in 3ds max and I've tried outfit studio but all I seem to be able to get is the armor t-posing when I bring it back into Skyrim. Any help would be appreciated especially if you've done this kind of thing before

https://imgur.com/a/Ss96u

I ported a few oblivion dress myself and for the most part, I just delete part of the body mesh itself to eliminate most problems.

But first, have you use the edit envelopes in your armor skin modifier to disable the bone around your problem area yet?

Disable the bone that affects your problem area should fix it for the most part and weight paint might cause more problem if done incorrectly, like causing part of the cloth to move weirdly.

btw, Is that legion armor? I forgot, haven't played Oblivion in a long time.

So I tried both disabling bones and deleting the body mesh but both methods just result in the armor t-posing in game or not exporting at all because "some vertices don't have weight paints at all" any ideas?

I never had any problem with t-posing at all, Do you have a max save of that armor before you weight paint and export it to outfit studio?

My suggestion is to load from that old file and try to delete the bone vertices again. I think your current armor nif is broken ( This is only just an assumption ).

I normally save every time I make some change to the mesh, that includes convert it to edit poly and mesh.

I think I would be able to help out more, if you were able to upload the nif file of the armor. But unfortunately, it doesn't allow here for port armor with Bethesda assets.

So, this is the only suggestion I can offer you really, is to load a previous version of that armor before weight paint and body studio.