Main Menu Brightness Dim? + Loading Screens!

RumblestrutPig

Hello everyone,

I have a bit of an issue I have always noticed. Could someone potentially help me out?

Whenever my main menu loads, the brightness looks great, as if it's default. However, when the main menu options pop up, it dims. The loading screens also have this dim effect. Does anyone know how to fix this? On the original game it doesn't do this for me. Help would be appreciated!

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSpBuR_pziE&feature=youtu.be

Edited by RumblestrutCovey

Your video shows it getting brighter when the menu options pop up at the end. Could it be your monitor? Do you have some sort of dynamic contrast enabled? I always turn that crap off.

Thanks for replying. I'm not sure to be honest. Could you please help walk me through it? This only occurs on Skyrim Special Edition.

Also, how come I can't change the brightness in-game? Nothing changes if I edit the brightness settings either.

Edited by RumblestrutCovey

What model of monitor or TV are you using?

Are you using ENB at all? Or do you have it in windowed mode (including borderless windowed)? I know for Oldrim, brightness and Vsync don't work if it's in windowed mode.

I'm not using window mode and no ENB. A lighting mod I'm using is RLO, and I have a 1366x768 computer screen for my laptop.

Alienware laptops do seem to suffer from this problem. Apparently there's an "adaptive brightness" setting in the Intel Graphics Control Panel (which is still used even if you use the Nvidia for gaming), and there may even be a light sensor somewhere that adjusts the brightness of the monitor. The Intel one is only supposed to work while you're on battery, but some users say that it still happens when the laptop is plugged in.

Check this thread on SuperUser (StackExchange) for some possible solutions.

Edit: Here's a different solution under Windows Power Options.

Edited by Grospolina

Alienware laptops do seem to suffer from this problem. Apparently there's an "adaptive brightness" setting in the Intel Graphics Control Panel (which is still used even if you use the Nvidia for gaming), and there may even be a light sensor somewhere that adjusts the brightness of the monitor. The Intel one is only supposed to work while you're on battery, but some users say that it still happens when the laptop is plugged in.

Check this thread on SuperUser (StackExchange) for some possible solutions.

Edit: Here's a different solution under Windows Power Options.

Unfortunately, none of these solutions fixed anything. :( Although when I checked Windows Power Options, I did not have the ability to turn off adaptive brightness. Nor did I have the option said on SuperUser to turn off that option, for it is only available through Battery Mode. :(