[Tutorial] How to Swap Hero Abilities

RGFLamestreamer

Head to gameplay>kits>hero>(hero you want to edit) and open the gp_hero file, we're going to use Kylo Ren as an example. Go to abilities>defaultabilities and find the ability you want to swap. We will switch force pull to force push as an example.

dcHA2Zu.png

Select Luke's ability, then click on the arrow next to the force pull to assign it, now repeat on "allabilities"7cGLVs5.png

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I tried to apply to Han, Lando's mid ability to Han mid ability and Obi Wan 3rd ability to Han 3rd ability, but when I wanted to play in singleplayer as Han it just wasnt allowing me to play as him. Any solution?

Same problem I'm having: trying to give Kylo Dooku's "Lightening Stun" for his "Force Freeze" (to use along side "Chuky's Asaaj Ventress" mod) -- it loads, but, the game won't allow me to choose Kylo (Ventress) -- momentary displaying a "Maximum unit number reached" when the button is pressed. Dooku also bugs out -- loads into the level, but, nothing appears (and the abilities icons seem to have "loading" icons next to them).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I tried to apply to Han, Lando's mid ability to Han mid ability and Obi Wan 3rd ability to Han 3rd ability, but when I wanted to play in singleplayer as Han it just wasnt allowing me to play as him. Any solution?

There are two locations where you need to change the abilities. AllAbilities->Abilities and DefaultAbilities.

• 5 months later...

I'm trying to replace Palpatine's Electrocute with Kylo's Freeze, but when I enter a match of arcade to test it out, I can't click on or play as Palpatine. I can click on and play as anyone else though. And yes, I changed both AllAbilities and DefaultAbilities.

Edit: I just tried the exact example shown above giving Kylo a push and it worked perfectly. Maybe certain abilities like Palpa's electrocute have other stuff that has to be changed as well?

Further Edit: I tried the same thing with many different abilities and heroes, and the only one I've gotten to work is the pull-to-push one from above. I think it has something to do with star cards, because when I tried to click on heroes that I couldn't play as, I saw the new ability was an extra star card at the bottom, and the pull-to-push mod was the only one to not have that extra star card.

Edited by SuperNunb

• 2 weeks later...

Head to gameplay>kits>hero>(hero you want to edit) and open the gp_hero file, we're going to use Kylo Ren as an example. Go to abilities>defaultabilities and find the ability you want to swap. We will switch force pull to force push as an example.
dcHA2Zu.png
Select Luke's ability, then click on the arrow next to the force pull to assign it, now repeat on "allabilities"7cGLVs5.png

dcHA2Zu.png