[Tutorial] How To Swap Hero Meshes

RGFLamestreamer

Hey, thanks for the quick tutorial. I was messing around a bit and noticed that not every character seems to have a BluePrintBundle. Characters like Hask, Zay and different versions of Iden don't seem to have a bpb file.

Any idea if or how we can still use those skins? Thanks for any help.

• 4 weeks later...

Raggz45, they might have a VUR file that basically use Iden as the frame work and provide some tweaks using this vur file (like using a different head/body or audio).

What I would like to know is how can you use an alternate texture that is already provided.

For example, The imperial heavy has a pauldron (black) and the heavy on tatooine has an orange variant of it.

I can get the Pauldron via vur file but it doesn't change color to the orange if referenced.

A few mod authors have released a mod featuring their attempts and they work for the most part.

Unfortunately no one seems to want to share this type of information.

• 2 months later...

Raggz45, they might have a VUR file that basically use Iden as the frame work and provide some tweaks using this vur file (like using a different head/body or audio).

What I would like to know is how can you use an alternate texture that is already provided.

For example, The imperial heavy has a pauldron (black) and the heavy on tatooine has an orange variant of it.

I can get the Pauldron via vur file but it doesn't change color to the orange if referenced.

A few mod authors have released a mod featuring their attempts and they work for the most part.

Unfortunately no one seems to want to share this type of information.

Wondering if anyone can answer this question these questions three months later. I tried this tutorial myself and none of my attempts were fruitful. I followed it to the letter.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having difficulty following this tutorial - I'm basically trying to switch out Leia's multiplayer head with her single player one but the files you're referencing is not available for her. Has there been an update to the file structure or mesh replacements since this tutorial was created?