Frosty Mod Manager unable to create folder

Qbangix

Hi

Frosty Mod Manager can't create ModData folder in game folder despite running as administrator. It gives the error message "One ore more symbolic links could not be created, please restart tool as Administrator."

(nice typo BTW). I tried multiple things and nothing is working. Creating folder on my own works somehow but the game is not launching, only Origin.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Properties>Battlefront2.exe>compatibility>run program as administrator, do the same for frosty editor and mod manager, then Take Ownership of your star wars battlefront 2 install folder and mod manager folder, pm me if you still need help :smile:

First long term issue ive had with frosty mod manager, since launch of BF2 2017, " one or more symbolic links could not be created, close and restart as admin" its not creating the mod data folder for some strange reason. if anyone in this thread has any help or finds out why this is happening, please update this thread, thx guys/gals

• 2 months later...

Sup Y'all. Does someone think they can help me by telling me how i can swap Models and make them work in Online, and Arcade Mode?

Please, don't hi-jack a thread but instead start your own topic, Punisher.

• 2 months later...

For all those still with an issue - solution:

Go to you SW:BF2 folder and create in it manually 'ModData' folder and in it 'Data' folder (and any folder that the exception message string will tell you in case there are more). This should fix it.

For some reason Frosty Mod Manager didn't have permission or something was wrong with the path to create it by its own.

Edited by keraj37

Go to you SW:BF2 folder and create in it manually 'ModData' folder and in it 'Data' folder (and any folder that the exception message string will tell you in case there are more). This should fix it.

For some reason Frosty Mod Manager didn't have permission or something was wrong with the path to create it by its own.

This actually somewhat worked for me, it created all the .cas files in the sp folders and whatnot, however the game simply wont load for me.

It goes to launch as if everything is fine, but the game just shuts itself down after it tries to launch through origin. I'm at my wits end since FMM hasnt been wanting to work since May for me (was working before that). Everyone on the Frosty is refusing to help saying its a permissions issue, but I've done all I can with permissions and it still does not want to work...

• 2 weeks later...

This actually somewhat worked for me, it created all the .cas files in the sp folders and whatnot, however the game simply wont load for me.

It goes to launch as if everything is fine, but the game just shuts itself down after it tries to launch through origin. I'm at my wits end since FMM hasnt been wanting to work since May for me (was working before that). Everyone on the Frosty is refusing to help saying its a permissions issue, but I've done all I can with permissions and it still does not want to work...

Yes indeed - actually I was to fast to post that solution - I have similar issue now.

I have no clue what to do now. Sorry.