Frosty Mod Manager unable to create folder

Qbangix

Any update on this? Still can't get it to work. Running as admin, creating folders manually, moving installation folders around...nothing will stop this error.

EDIT : Apparently there is an issue with exFAT hard drives. I'll move the game to NTFS and see if it fixes the problem.

UPDATE : Yeah, the exFAT formatted harddrive was the problem. Make sure the game and frosty are on NTFS file format hard drives.

I thought thats the solution, finally, but i looked it up and.... my one and only driver is NFTS too... any ideas? anyone?

• 1 month later...

so i have the same problem, it says "One ore more symbolic links could not be created, please restart tool as Administrator." so i look up what's the problem with that. apparently it's because of the drive's format, it can't support exFAT, has to be NTFS. so i went to check my drive's format, but it's already at NTFS, and that problem is still popping up, idk what's wrong, i just wanna play SWBF2 with mods):

• 1 month later...

I am having a similar issue, but for modding Dragon Age Inquisition, however exactly the same error message

Run Frosty Mod Manager.exe -> select DA:I -> Frost compatible mods displayed -> Launch -> "New installation detected", give permission to create symbolic links(paraphrased) -> OK -> "Windows Command Processor" asks to be able to run runs -> Permission Granted -> CMD runs fast then closes with an error message -> Error Message(I can actually copy and paste thankfully)

Frosty Mod Manager

An unhandled Exception has occurred

One ore more symbolic links could not be created, please restart tool as Administrator.

at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.<Run>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<Run>d__28.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at FrostyModManager.MainWindow.<launchButton_Click>d__13.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Hope the exacts helps in figuring out this issue.

For all those still with an issue - solution:

Go to you SW:BF2 folder and create in it manually 'ModData' folder and in it 'Data' folder (and any folder that the exception message string will tell you in case there are more). This should fix it.

For some reason Frosty Mod Manager didn't have permission or something was wrong with the path to create it by its own.

how? i have no idea what i'm doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Для применения мода, нужно чтоб FrostyModManager запускался от имени администратора и был на диске С, и игра так же запускалась от имени администратора!!

Если у вас после этого не запускается игра, то добавьте к свойствам Стима и Оригина, также "запускать от имени администратора"! Ни обновления драйверов, библиотек, ни переустановка виндовс ничего не поможет. Только запуск "от администратора" ВСЕХ приложений и игры.

translate.google

To apply the mod, you need FrostyModManager to run as administrator and be on the C drive, and the game also runs as administrator !! If the game does not start after that, then add to the Steam and Original properties, also "run as administrator"! Neither updating drivers, libraries, nor reinstalling Windows will help anything. Only launch "from the administrator" of ALL applications and games.

• 2 months later...

To summarize everything written here, you need to make sure both Frosty and your game file are in your C:\ Drive. If you are using Steam and have it installed on an external drive or any drive other than C:\, you can go to the link below to learn how to change install locations and then you can just copy your current game folder to the new Steam folder.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

• 1 month later...