Frosty mod manager wont launch SWBF2

babolatxd

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am using frosty mod manager v.1.0.5.3 with Splitscreen-June11Patch-1052public.fbmod.

when I press "Launch" , the mod seems to work for a few seconds, but then nothing happens.
I have checked the windows task manager, on "processes" I can see starwarsbattlefrontii.exe briefly but then it disappears.
there is no error message.

I have installed all the prereqs:
NET Framework 4.7.2.exe
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.exe
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017.exe

what is wrong here?
please help.

win7/64 8gb mem with gtx1060

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

every time i try to launch the game even without mods i get this

(One ore more symbolic links could not be created, please restart tool as Administrator.

at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.<Run>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<Run>d__28.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at FrostyModManager.MainWindow.<launchButton_Click>d__13.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
even though i am running the tool as an administrator and there was no moddata file in the game files.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just tried downloading mods for the first time and I'm having a nightmare. First of all half the mods I try to import into frosty don't work and it says "Unable to load DLL 'ThirdParty/UnRAR.dll': There's been some mods I've been able to successfully import into Frosty but when I try to launch the game with these mods, it says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" I've been searching the internet for solutions and I've had no luck. I simply just don't know what to do. If anyone knows how to resolve the issue please let me know it would be much appreciated.