Probably the wrong place to put this but I need expert advice !

Tsongo

Hello everybody,

I've got a problem and I need a console script command or something like that.

My daughter's just started playing NWN2 is playing the OC and enjoying it but there's a problem. The wizard woman Amie that's supposed to die at the beginning didn't die and is now stuck in the party.

She's immortal and not on the roster edit feature which you can access with the console ( kr_roster_edit).

At the moment my daughter's getting a bonus companion but I think this will cause problems later on.

So how do I wipe her out ? Is there a way of typing in some form of rs command with her tag in it and just wiping her out or could I track down and run her death script without the other people that were involved ?

Please help me to kill this wizard she's on borrowed time already !

Hello,

Thanks but it didn't, work !

I think I'm going to have to hunt down her death script and run it from a first module save.

I know having an immortal wizard in the party isn't too bad, but she'll block a slot and doesn't exist for party selection.

But the worst part is that she keeps casting enlarge on herself and that's really annoying !

I can give you my debugging script that kills any target, no matter what. Needless to say, it would make the game too easy if it's used for non-debugging purposes. Extract into your override folder, load the game, target Amie (click on her so she appears as the selected target), open the console, enable debug mode, and type:

rs kill

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mdpiyp0edyxcan/tchos_debug_kill.7z?dl=0

Thanks Tchos, my daughter has already been watching me using the console and seems a bit too interested in it's capabilities. So I'll keep the code safe.

I did get her to go but couldn't do it from where my daughter is because the original script only works in the module it's in. I suppose I could copy and paste it into the campaign folder but I wanted to avoid messing with the original game.

If anybody else has this issue what I put in the console was..

rs 11_cs_tarmas(7)
rs 11_cs_tarmas(10)
rs 11_cs_tarmas(100)

The first one takes away the immortality, the second kills her and the third removes her from the party. The script for the whole death scene is called 11_cs_tarmas but it's done in sections hence the numbers in brackets. Clever stuff really, I didn't know you could do that.

Anyway I'll give your console command a go later when I can download it onto my daughter's laptop. You never know I might be able to get her making modules one day !

Thanks again.

Edited by Tsongo

Thanks Tchos, my daughter has already been watching me using the console and seems a bit too interested in its capabilities. So I'll keep the code safe.

I did get her to go but couldn't do it from where my daughter is because the original script only works in the module it's in. I suppose I could copy and paste it into the campaign folder but I wanted to avoid messing with the original game.

Anyway I'll give your console command a go later when I can download it onto my daughter's laptop. You never know I might be able to get her making modules one day !

You could also copy 11_cs_tarmas into your override, use it in the way you describe, then delete it from the override. It won't mess anything up anyway, since it doesn't do anything unless it's invoked.

And I think you're right about getting her making modules. Dabbling with the console and tweaking things to my liking is what started me modding. Though it was only later that I came to understand the full power of the console, when paired with writing your own scripts to fire through the console.

Ah, the old faithful override I forgot about that. I like that plan much better than the campaign folder. I still haven't used your script and my daughter wont let me fiddle now as she's got past where she was after using a save with the deleted Amie at the end of the first module and going over what she'd done before. But I'll keep it just in case. Besides I rather like the idea of typing rs kill !

I owe a lot to NWN2 too as it was fiddling about with the toolset that taught me how to use a computer. Pre toolset I thought computers were just good for emails and playing games but it was on a rainy day when I first fired up the toolset that I discovered their creative side and now I've swapped toolsets and I'm making a cartoon.

I think it would be good for my daughter to have a go at mod making as it teaches you so many skills all at once. One of the most important ones ( with the amount of mistakes I made ) is learning to work out what went wrong with something by thinking like a computer and back tracking to the mistake. Also working out what could go wrong when the unknown variable ( the player ) is let loose on your creation and being able to make it bulletproof before it happens and then of course there's patience... We all need a lot of that !

• 2 months later...

Perhaps a touch late, but do you think that this bug could mean that there will be other bugs lying in wait later on? I have found that it is better to start again with a clean install if bugs are found this early in the campaign.

Hello again,

It all went fine with no other issues except for Amy being alive and roaming around when you return to West Harbour later which was quite amusing.

When my daughter spoke to her she said something along the lines of "leave me alone and help the other people." So she was probably a bit annoyed about being thrown out the party and killed. But she kept her immortality so I really don't know why she was so grumpy.

My daughter's now taken her Moon Elf into MotB and keeps refilling her spirit meter by using suppress on the poor town badger then resting and repeating ! No wonder he keeps growling at her !