Year in review and looking forward

Dark0ne

In response to post #56713576. #56714281 is also a reply to the same post.

Mgamerz wrote: Every time i see vortex in one of these posts, I always wonder what it is because it is never once explained.
CluckenDip wrote: Haha, you're not the only one.

We've done several news posts on it over the past year. Check the news section :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've been using the site for quite a long time, even before I created an actual account, so I would really like to thank you for all these years, Dark0ne and all of the Nexus team. Nexus has never been a place of social interaction for me - just a place where I could find mods I enjoyed, and for that purpose it has been a wonderful place. I'm sad to wave it goodbye, but the site has lost its functionality for me with the redesign. Browsing the site has become such a negative experience that it makes modding itself feel unpleasant, and I have no desire to continue. I'm ready to make my leave.

Thank you once again, and goodbye.

In response to post #56730311. #56737076 is also a reply to the same post.

Arrowlake wrote:

Well, I've been using the site for quite a long time, even before I created an actual account, so I would really like to thank you for all these years, Dark0ne and all of the Nexus team. Nexus has never been a place of social interaction for me - just a place where I could find mods I enjoyed, and for that purpose it has been a wonderful place. I'm sad to wave it goodbye, but the site has lost its functionality for me with the redesign. Browsing the site has become such a negative experience that it makes modding itself feel unpleasant, and I have no desire to continue. I'm ready to make my leave.

Thank you once again, and goodbye.

robertgg wrote: time to get adblock going in full force, no ad revenue for you

No problem, sorry to see you go. Fair well. Edited by Dark0ne

The new site design is less. Less upfront information, information I used a lot. That little box with the top 10 of the week gave me many of my very best of mods. It is gone. Trending mods? pfft. As for finding things on nexus, it is now harder then ever. As for multi cultural, nexus really is not. Well anything that the chruch of england approves, goes.

As for paid modding, it is only a matter of time till Beth says, All your mods belong to us, pay up.

Having said all those bad things, I have to add, I have used Nexus for a number of years for a number of games. The blessings have been many. The real credit belongs to the multitude of mod authors who to the EXTRA time to SHARE FREELY. You know, the pain of uploading, making a description page and proving support.

My 2 cents worth

Fantastic job on the redesign, guys! At first I was a bit skeptical, but after having actually used it, I do prefer the new design. There are a couple of gripes I have still, like the other day I was searching for something that only had two main characters, wrote those two, but was unable to complete the query since there's a minimum of 3 characters required for a query.

But that's honestly pretty minor. A question I had, however, was if the new design has way less ads or if they're just bugging out on my computer. A lot of pages just have the spaces for ads, but no ads are shown, while other pages have ads in those spaces.

Thank you all for the hard work in maintaining and improving the nexus!! After graduating, I'd love to check out what your plans for big data management are and whether or not I'd be able to help (I'm a CS major).

In response to post #56692721. #56694116, #56700656, #56703606, #56709676, #56714616, #56715646 are all replies on the same post.

marauder345 wrote: I wasn't too fond of the redesign at first, but now, I'm liking it. I thought it was going to be hard to adjust to, but I was wrong.
KJA1775 wrote: My thoughts exactly. Nexus Team, keep up the good work!
pheonix235 wrote: I agree. I had a lot of links that pointed at the old nexus that got broken (Damn you Chrome!) and that was kinda a pain to fix, but the old version did make me buy premium (All the ads it had shoved into it kinda killed my computer because I'm a power user who has to have 10 tabs open at once when updating my mod list and I felt guilty using AdBlock). Now that everything is resolved and the bugs have been ironed out, I'm loving the cleaner new look.
Moksha8088 wrote: Anticipating a difficult learning curve for Vortex is making me anxious. The simplicity and familiarity of NMM are comforting.
urielz wrote: @Moksha8088 if anything it should be the opposite! Tanin's work on Mod Manager was spot on, it was very intuitive to use.
Arethiel wrote: The new redesign is fine if your monitor is a $50 Acer monitor. If not, then the lightening of all the colors makes the site annoying to read. Further the front pages look like some mobile BS and the tiling just feels bad to look at. Oh and everything feels like molasses, could just be because it's new but still bears mentioning that it's super slow compared to the old site.
Also inb4 the NMM to Vortex switch breaks all the things like that one NMM update, though I don't use NMM so not a big deal for me.

I'll just continue to use the old site design domain until they kill it and when they do will probably just stop using Nexus in general.
Dark0ne wrote:
The new redesign is fine if your monitor is a $50 Acer monitor. If not, then the lightening of all the colors makes the site annoying to read.

If you're struggling to read text on the site now, you probably need to calibrate your monitor properly. It passes all the web standard readability tests and has been made on 30 inch and 25 inch Dell monitors, MacBooks and Surface Pros. It's also been tested on my low quality 24 inch LAN monitor (£200 BENQ job) and similarly looks fine on that.

I'm running a 34" ultrawide (3440X1440). the website outputs correctly with no colour distortion or issue with the colour palette. I will agree that sometimes it can be difficult reading somethings however, I do not believe that is the fault of the website itself but my absent-mindless way of going about the nexus. I don't have any figures or numbers but I'm running the latest version of Mozilla Firefox and to me it loads faster especially when switching between the file tab and general tab on mods.

the only issue I have with the website is the image that is placed in the background as it is definitely not of high quality

in regards to your issues, definitely make sure you have configured your monitor correctly, besides that if readability is still an issue after proper adjustment of the monitor it may be a good idea to have a checkup on your eyesight just in case or perhaps use browser tools to highlight text.

I agree with the concern with vortex. I too believe that it may be just as bad as NMM was but ill wait to test it myself before I give that judgement