Year in review and looking forward

Dark0ne

Thanks so much for everything and I wish to all of you, the very best in this and coming years. I am very happy with the new design and I am waiting for Vortex desperately. I am willing to give it a try in the Alpha state and I really do not care if it crashes my game, so anyway, I had in my mind to start a new one using Vortex, so, let me know. ;)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #56684181.

sullyivan wrote:

Thanks for the year in review and the things to come. Much appreciated. I look forward to success of things to come, especially Vortex. While I wouldn't buy you a drink for the current state of the web redesign, I do hope the new 'feel' you spoke of comforts me enough to not want to kick you lightly on 'accident' under the table. (that's supposed to actually be funny)

Wish that consideration would be given for keeping the old web format as a choice for an alternate theme, instead of scrapping it in entirety. I still think that the overhead of the need to dig deeper for relevant info on a mod that will equal what the old format give immediately will have more impact performance much more than desired.

With the change to mobile app display friendliness and compatibility, when is the nexus mobile app coming? Yes, that's sarcasm.

I do want to give you (and everyone else) a really BIG congratulations on moving to an office and the success that has brought. As well as congratulations for when it comes, for Vortex. I'm glad it was a risk that has paid off for the future of Nexus.

(please forgive my whine and I'd probably buy you a drink after I kicked you)

How many times it has been said already, that the old design will go away ? You have the right to ask but how many times you need a plain "no" ?

I cannot say I like the new site, but it does not really matter. The Nexus has been, since I started using mods in 2013, an amazing place to discover, and a true community of exchange and help. Your success is not about the looks - although the interface is paramount for users and models - but about how much you've helped the modding community grow and mature.

Thanks to the Nexus team for that!

The new Design is really bad and I have no idea how you can be happy with it? Its just less functional! The filters for example on the Modpage: I need 4 Clicks on the new Design vs 1 Click on the Old Design? Same for many other things like Changelogs and Stuff...

Its just horrible!

I've never been much of a fan regarding changes, but all things considered it's a step forward. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time. Good luck with all your projects!

I am of two minds on the new website design. However, the two minds, overall, like the new design. The main thing I don't like about the new website is that I have to scroll further to check the news on game pages. However, that is probably the most negative thing I can think of. The main thing I like about the new design is the in depth look at mods on the front page. To go further with the positive vibe, I do like the new design on individual mods, as it does allow me to look at a mod, see all the pictures posted by the mod author quickly, and consider the mod overall. I spend perhaps 90% of my time looking at mods just based on photos. The other time I spend on looking at mods are various, but mainly aesthetics, functionality, practicality, helpful, etc. Another positive note, I like the uniformity in design between games, when you switch from one game to another. The front page of one game looks like, with some color changes and other things, looks like another game. There are differences from game to game, but the point was that going from game to game, I prefer to see the same layout, time and again. It makes things a little easier on me. Keep up the good work, and I am waiting to see what Vortex, and the Nexus, have in store for the new year.

In response to post #56712191.

ff7legend wrote: My biggest concern is the migration from NMM to Vortex. I don't want a repeat of what happened with the "upgrade" from NMM 0.56.1 to NMM 0.60+. That was a total disaster that literally nuked nearly the entire SOT Team's games. Luckily, I was able to save my installation via backing up my entire Data folder/Plug-ins.txt file prior to the update. Pasting said files back where they were saved a ton of headaches. Might have to do that again whenever it comes time to move everything over to Vortex since I won't ever completely trust the migration going off without a hitch.

The only real gripe I have is the smartphone-like layout of the new site design. Why does everything have to be modelled into a smartphone-like interface? I've never owned/used a smartphone & have no plans to do so either. Don't care for the asinine prices of smartphones & sure as heck don't care for those ridiculously expensive data plans either. Other than that, I've gotten used to the new design & the sites seem to be performing a lot better in recent days. My download speeds have finally approached 7-8 MB/sec like they did after I purchased my lifetime premium membership due to the regular servers habitually being down all the time/crashing due to high web traffic.

I'm with you on this whole phone thing. I had no desire to ever get a smartphone myself but circumstances forced my hand when a couple of things I need access to insisted on 2FA via a smartphone. Rather than pay the iPhone tax or the "latest Samsung device tax" I went to Best Buy and found a model that was cheap, did everything it needed to, and could still be updated if needed. Phone itself was about $150 and the monthly plan is $50/mo which is apparently quite cheap for someone like me who will never surf the net on it.

Has nothing at all to do with the site, but just figured I'd mention it isn't quite as expensive as some places make it out :P Just wish websites would stop catering to 4 inch screens that can't even utilize the primary content being served.

Happy New Year to the Nexus team. If the new website design is any indication of the quality of Vortex, I'm very excited. The new site works great. It has a couple little things that annoy, like if I click to see the new mods for the week, why do I have to click below again to get more than 1 page? If I want only one page I wouldn't ask what new for an entire week. But a few nips here and a couple tucks there and it should be fine. It's definitely much faster than the old site. I can't wait to try the new mod manager and please give us a couple screens now. We know they might not be final. Have a great 2018 and let's keep growing the community in a positive way!!!

In response to post #56762306.

Andarus2 wrote: The new Design is really bad and I have no idea how you can be happy with it? Its just less functional! The filters for example on the Modpage: I need 4 Clicks on the new Design vs 1 Click on the Old Design? Same for many other things like Changelogs and Stuff...

Its just horrible!

That's your opinion and not everyone shares it. IMHO the new site is easier to navigate, faster, cleaner and it's easier to find exactly what I'm looking for.