Year in review and looking forward

Dark0ne

In response to post #56798616.

JoeBlow90 wrote: I would like to comment on the "Search engine". It's definitely the worst i've used like ever...

The other day while i was on a mod page, i typed the exact name of the mod in the search bar and got a message saying no mods were found... That's REALLY broken...

That's strange, I use that feature all the time and haven't had any trouble. I think it's much better at guessing what your looking for if you don't have the title exact. You may have just experienced some strange bug, but for me the search tool experience has been much improved.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #56798616. #56800041 is also a reply to the same post.

JoeBlow90 wrote: I would like to comment on the "Search engine". It's definitely the worst i've used like ever...

The other day while i was on a mod page, i typed the exact name of the mod in the search bar and got a message saying no mods were found... That's REALLY broken...

Loveblanket wrote: That's strange, I use that feature all the time and haven't had any trouble. I think it's much better at guessing what your looking for if you don't have the title exact. You may have just experienced some strange bug, but for me the search tool experience has been much improved.

I'm sorry to say but this is not a "one time" issue for me. It happens ALL the time...

In response to post #56797321. #56799976 is also a reply to the same post.

SamPayne647 wrote: I cannot wait to see what 2018 has in hold for this wonderful community! Keep up the great work! Since Vortex was brought up, I have a little question about it. I've accumulated hundreds of mods over the years. When Vortex releases, will there be a dedicated option to porting over all those mods or will we need to completely reconfigure our games? :)
Loveblanket wrote: I asked that same question a couple months ago and what they said was that a porting option was something that they were looking at, but they couldn't guarantee it, or something along those lines. It's a pretty safe bet that there will be some way to do it other than downloading all the mods again. Maybe at worst it will be a situation where you just move the files from the NMM folder to the Vortex folder manually. As for actually installing them for you and reconfigurating your game, that might be a little harder though they did say years ago they eventually wanted people to be able to upload their configurations to share with others in an automated fashion, so maybe you will just upload your existing configuration and copy it into Vortex. Hopefully we'll find out sooner rather than later.

That sounds promising! Thank you for the information! :)

In response to post #56798616. #56800041, #56800786 are all replies on the same post.

Loveblanket wrote: That's strange, I use that feature all the time and haven't had any trouble. I think it's much better at guessing what your looking for if you don't have the title exact. You may have just experienced some strange bug, but for me the search tool experience has been much improved.
JoeBlow90 wrote: I'm sorry to say but this is not a "one time" issue for me. It happens ALL the time...

I would like to second this issue. I run into it a lot to the point I actually bring up google search to find mods on Nexus instead.

In response to post #56798616. #56800041, #56800786, #56801706 are all replies on the same post.

JoeBlow90 wrote: I'm sorry to say but this is not a "one time" issue for me. It happens ALL the time...

Brabbit1987 wrote: I would like to second this issue. I run into it a lot to the point I actually bring up google search to find mods on Nexus instead.

I had this alot at first as well but I went in and manually cleared all the filters/blocked tags and reset them and it started working again I think I just had some that were set incorrectly. Haven't run into any issues since then.

In response to post #56798616. #56800041, #56800786, #56801706, #56802961 are all replies on the same post.

Brabbit1987 wrote: I would like to second this issue. I run into it a lot to the point I actually bring up google search to find mods on Nexus instead.
Wicketklown001 wrote: I had this alot at first as well but I went in and manually cleared all the filters/blocked tags and reset them and it started working again I think I just had some that were set incorrectly. Haven't run into any issues since then.

First question: What were you searching for? We won't know if it's broken or not, and we can't fix it, unless you give us more details.

Second question: Are you blocking tags/authors in your filtering settings?

In response to post #56798306.

matortheeternal wrote: Sounds good, glad to hear that you guys are looking forward and adjusting your tech stack accordingly. Nexus Mods has indeed grown incredibly lately, I think you guys have done an incredible job scaling given the massive growth you've received (doubling your download database in a few months is insane!)

Happy 2018!

Thanks Mator. A lot of tough work ahead. It's a shame you don't live in the EU! Edited by Dark0ne

Im happy with redesign, as the one who isn't able to surf through pc for half year, that's just a save for my traffic. There are little problems I encounter like it's 10% chance to me to successfully hit + button on a mod preview. My touch is ok (iPhone actually). The link hitbox is like moved a bit or small, sadly I can't see the corner Edited by Exchange324

In response to post #56798616. #56800041, #56800786, #56801706, #56802961, #56805466 are all replies on the same post.

Wicketklown001 wrote: I had this alot at first as well but I went in and manually cleared all the filters/blocked tags and reset them and it started working again I think I just had some that were set incorrectly. Haven't run into any issues since then.
Dark0ne wrote: First question: What were you searching for? We won't know if it's broken or not, and we can't fix it, unless you give us more details.

Second question: Are you blocking tags/authors in your filtering settings?

The search function works well for me now. Initially I was having some problems finding certain mods. However, thanks to WicketKlown001's advice to check filters and blocked tags, I discovered that a couple of blocked tags were the guilty parties. Once I removed them, the missing mods showed up.