Year in review and looking forward

Dark0ne

In response to post #56798616. #56800041, #56800786, #56801706, #56802961, #56805466, #56840566 are all replies on the same post.

JoeBlow90 wrote: I would like to comment on the "Search engine". It's definitely the worst i've used like ever...

The other day while i was on a mod page, i typed the exact name of the mod in the search bar and got a message saying no mods were found... That's REALLY broken...

Loveblanket wrote: That's strange, I use that feature all the time and haven't had any trouble. I think it's much better at guessing what your looking for if you don't have the title exact. You may have just experienced some strange bug, but for me the search tool experience has been much improved.
JoeBlow90 wrote: I'm sorry to say but this is not a "one time" issue for me. It happens ALL the time...

Brabbit1987 wrote: I would like to second this issue. I run into it a lot to the point I actually bring up google search to find mods on Nexus instead.
Wicketklown001 wrote: I had this alot at first as well but I went in and manually cleared all the filters/blocked tags and reset them and it started working again I think I just had some that were set incorrectly. Haven't run into any issues since then.
Dark0ne wrote: First question: What were you searching for? We won't know if it's broken or not, and we can't fix it, unless you give us more details.

Second question: Are you blocking tags/authors in your filtering settings?
Augusta Calidia wrote: The search function works well for me now. Initially I was having some problems finding certain mods. However, thanks to WicketKlown001's advice to check filters and blocked tags, I discovered that a couple of blocked tags were the guilty parties. Once I removed them, the missing mods showed up.

I have no blocked tacked or content at all...

Like i mentionned earlier... I was looking at a mod a few days on go... was right on the mod's page and type it's exact name in the search bar
and got 0 results....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #56798616. #56800041, #56800786, #56801706, #56802961, #56805466, #56840566, #56862306 are all replies on the same post.

JoeBlow90 wrote: I would like to comment on the "Search engine". It's definitely the worst i've used like ever...

The other day while i was on a mod page, i typed the exact name of the mod in the search bar and got a message saying no mods were found... That's REALLY broken...

Loveblanket wrote: That's strange, I use that feature all the time and haven't had any trouble. I think it's much better at guessing what your looking for if you don't have the title exact. You may have just experienced some strange bug, but for me the search tool experience has been much improved.
JoeBlow90 wrote: I'm sorry to say but this is not a "one time" issue for me. It happens ALL the time...

Brabbit1987 wrote: I would like to second this issue. I run into it a lot to the point I actually bring up google search to find mods on Nexus instead.
Wicketklown001 wrote: I had this alot at first as well but I went in and manually cleared all the filters/blocked tags and reset them and it started working again I think I just had some that were set incorrectly. Haven't run into any issues since then.
Dark0ne wrote: First question: What were you searching for? We won't know if it's broken or not, and we can't fix it, unless you give us more details.

Augusta Calidia wrote: The search function works well for me now. Initially I was having some problems finding certain mods. However, thanks to WicketKlown001's advice to check filters and blocked tags, I discovered that a couple of blocked tags were the guilty parties. Once I removed them, the missing mods showed up.
JoeBlow90 wrote: I have no blocked tacked or content at all...

Like i mentionned earlier... I was looking at a mod a few days on go... was right on the mod's page and type it's exact name in the search bar
and got 0 results....

Joe, PLEASE give me the name of the mod and the exact search term you used. That's the only way anyone else can confirm the issue and fix it.

In response to post #56798616. #56800041, #56800786, #56801706, #56802961, #56805466, #56840566, #56862306 are all replies on the same post.

Wicketklown001 wrote: I had this a lot at first as well but I went in and manually cleared all the filters/blocked tags and reset them and it started working again I think I just had some that were set incorrectly. Haven't run into any issues since then.

and got 0 results....

Joe, PLEASE give me the name of the mod and the exact search term you used. That's the only way anyone else can confirm the issue and fix it.

Power Line Physics is one I have had trouble with. I just went to the mod page, copied the title, pasted it in the search bar and got no results. I then clicked on "Clear Filters" and still got no results. I hope that provides useful info for you.

Edit: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22932/

Edited by 93sc

In response to post #56866156.

93sc wrote:

Wicketklown001 wrote: I had this a lot at first as well but I went in and manually cleared all the filters/blocked tags and reset them and it started working again I think I just had some that were set incorrectly. Haven't run into any issues since then.

and got 0 results....

Power Line Physics is one I have had trouble with. I just went to the mod page, copied the title, pasted it in the search bar and got no results. I then clicked on "Clear Filters" and still got no results. I hope that provides useful info for you.

"Power Line Physics." I selected Fallout 4, typed the mod title into the search bar, clicked on "Search," and the mod instantly appeared. Have you actually checked to see what blocked tags you might have? It wasn't until I did that and individually unblocked some tags that I was able to search for and find some mods that previously had eluded me. I hope this helps you.

In response to post #56866156.

93sc wrote:

and got 0 results....

"Power Line Physics." I selected Fallout 4, typed the mod title into the search bar, clicked on "Search," and the mod instantly appeared. Have you actually checked to see what blocked tags you might have? It wasn't until I did that and individually unblocked some tags that I was able to search for and find some mods that previously had eluded me. I hope this helps you.

Well, I'm an idiot. At some point I guess I blocked the PS4 tag. Thats nuts. I completely apologize for wasting anyones time.

I have not been here long myself and boy am I glad I joined. It is one of the most professional sites I have been on inl my years in gaming. To say that you do a better job then all of the official game sites is an understatement. Not only do you care about the members and helping them along the way you are 100% behind the modders. As a modder myself (sim racing games) I can tell you that is something that is not seen an awful lot these days. Most sites just want us to post and post so as they get more money from the ads and sponsors. On here they are all treated with huge respect and I love it. The NMM is a fantastic program and takes all the headaches out of installing mods. Would be awesome to see this in use on things like Asseto Corsa in the future.

A huge thanks from me to all of the Nexus team that make the site better and better and to the modders for their time in making awesome content for us to use and to the members that endorse and give feedback to the modders.

Happy new year to you all.

There's only one thing I really need in the site redesign right now: mod page thread search.

It's a real pain trying to troubleshoot any mods issues that may have already been discussed by searching for specific keywords. You can go to the mod's nexus forum page and search there but I'm certainly not going to be the first to criticise the forums readability - especially for reply and quote threads. (It's makes finding that elusive, "Hey I had that problem too and this fixed it" comment pretty laborious.

Meanwhile the new redesigned mod pages with their accompanying mod thread view is beautiful and has lovely easy to read and easy to use commenting, but no search!

In response to post #57132121.

tajetaje wrote: Any chance you might make your GitHub repo public that way the brave few who know how might compile it for ourselves?

For what? Vortex? It will be released open source as and when it's ready.

In response to post #57132121. #57133221 is also a reply to the same post.

tajetaje wrote: Any chance you might make your GitHub repo public that way the brave few who know how might compile it for ourselves?
Dark0ne wrote: For what? Vortex? It will be released open source as and when it's ready.

Fair enough