custom soldier outfits/bodies

glossedsfm

Hi,

I saw a post from Nov saying that this wasnt possible but it was being worked on. I wanted to ask if its still not possible or are people already starting to make their own custom uniforms, gear or body models for the game? I only want to do 1 or 2 mods for myself, the main one i wanted to do is this:

-take one of the Russian Soldier models and use only the pants mesh maybe the boots too.

-modify the pants mesh with a custom harness that i made. It would require me to delete some of the pants mesh mid thigh up towards the belt

-add in a custom body OR if it will make it easier i can reuse Snakes body and Quiets body as a template (i want the uniform to be for males and females)

-The rest of the uniform from the belt up though will be custom made by me in Blender or if i'm feeling lazy i might just use Daz models/clothing. Or i might do a mashup and use a partial body from another game.

That sounds very vague and complicated so please wait for tutorials to come in so you can do that yourself

Yah...what i'm asking is if those "tutorials" are available now or if the process for reimporting custom models/textures into the game is still being worked on. And not sure what you mean by me being vague...this is for a custom uniform i would like to create for the players character. It is made up of the pants and boots from one of the Russian soldier models in game. The pants will have its mesh altered/deleted from the mid thigh upwards. The rest of the uniform from that point up will be custom made by me in Blender or Maya, or i might use partial 3d models from other games or parts of 3d models from Daz3d which i own.

I dont need someone to do all the 3d work i'll be doing that myself. I just needs the steps for getting the skeleton rig applied to the mesh once its complete and then how i package and reimport it back into the game so that i can wear it as a uniform.

Edited by glossedsfm

• 2 weeks later...

I see a screenshot in a video of a guy that put Shrek inside MGS-V

If this is really possible, I see great possibilities for the scenario of modification of metal gear V.
For example, better and realistic soldiers, camo variation (model itself, not just color change) more detailed props. The possibilities are innumerable

Hi Bob, I think i've also been talking to you and George Sears on the facepunch forums. Thanks so far for your info.

I've been working on the MGS outfit i want to try making into a uniform and its coming along ok. Maybe in a few hours i'll post a quick pic of what i am planning to make.