How to install? "Performance of the god mod"

Ravenrock21

Then please see any of the written or video tutorials on NMM in the 'Mod Managers' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

The FNV game "Data" folder depends upon where you chose to install the game. The Steam default location used to be under "C:\Program Files(x86)" though you can (and should) choose a different location in the Steam Client by selecting the 'Settings' menu | 'Downloads' tab | 'Steam Library Folders' option. (See the official Steam guide.) From there it is under the "Steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas" folder path.

I recommend you read the wiki "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article for why the original default Steam behavior of installing games to the "C:\Program Files" folder tree was bad (they learned better, and don't do that any more); and why "disabling UAC and running as Administrator" is NOT sufficient, with instructions how to move it. It has some additional information not present in the Steam guide. This is the single most important thing you can do to fix and protect yourself against problems in the future. As much of a PITA as that is, it's never going to be any easier than now. Please see the 'Restoring to "Vanilla"' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article as well.

And since I've butted in already, I'm going to point out that "Performance of the Gods" (along with "Better Game Performance") has been known to cause problems. (They were very early attempts.) Please see the 'Towards Game Stability' section in the "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article for the cautions and alternatives.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent