Mod Thinning help, Vanilla textures--not vanilla meshes, & ETaC brown & grey faces

Raults

Song that pops into my head as I return to the forum once again so soon over and over.

Ok so here we are again. I have 3 issues left, two minor, one more big. lets start with the smaller ones.

Load order/Plugins: https://modwat.ch/u/Raults/plugins

Guide to mod list for easier navigation:

1. ) Patches and bug fixes
  2. ) Big mods and overhauls that affect the entire game
  3. ) Quest mods (big or small)
  4. ) Environments/weather Overhauls
  5. ) Large add-ons that add cities/towns/land masses
  6. ) Adds buildings to current cities/towns
  7. ) Plants and foliage mods for the entire game
  8. ) Gameplay changes/tweaks/add-ons such as combat/magic/perks/etc
  9. ) Changes/add-ons to NPCs
  10. ) Visual/textural/atmospheric changes
  11. ) Sound/audio/FX alterations
  12. ) Sorting, menu, and player & NPC inventory
  13. ) Cheat items
  14. ) Character model replacements
  15. ) Weapons/armor/clothing add-ons/additions
  16. ) Crafting related mods
  17. ) Misc. items, as well as small scale foliage
  18. ) Weapon/armor/clothing alterations
  19. ) Specific mods that need to be loaded at the bottom as directed by the mod author
  20. ) Mods that remove graphical effects, like disabling godrays, to improve performance - this goes last to ensure that all mod added effects get disabled too.

So first off we have ETaC people have grey face (for men) and brown face (for women). I need to determine the cause, maybe you guys can have some insight from my mod list.

Second, we have vanilla texture homes and doors with non vanilla meshes. Dunno what the cause is.

Images of the first and second issues here

Third, the big one, I need help thinning my mod list quests even more than I already have. Right now I have too many mods in the quest and location section and although I want to do all the stuff I've added (and more tbh), I am reaching a full 1gb of heap memory in an hour of gameplay on average and it creates tons of issues like slow downs and suuuper slow loadscreens on loadins from previous saves (like 20mins+ of load screen). If you see anything else that is redundant or can be cut then lets do it. I don't want to have to relog every hour just to play skyrim through and through and fear for my life cause loadtimes on death are super long.

Discoloured faces usually caused by different mods editing the same NPC. You got more than one mod changing NPCs. Probably it's a conflict between them. Another cause for discoloration might be conflicting NPC data, that has been baked into your save. So, first of all, start a new game and check, if the problem persists. If so, try to play around with the relative load order of your NPC mods (which mod is loaded first? The last one will overwrite previous ones editing the same NPC), also use a TES5Edit Merged Patch. If the faces are okay in a new game, the easiest solution would be a fresh start.

As for cutting down your mod list: You installed almost every big quest and new lands mod out there. I'd call that... brave... :ermm: IMHO, you simply overloaded your game with large, demanding mods. You may not like my advice, but it's really best to use only one, maybe two large new land mods at a time. Play trough Sumerset Isles in one game, then visit Elsweir or Bruma in a second one. Using all those massive mods in one playthrough will simply cause you trouble.