getting body replacer mods to work

JCRAIG15

Every time I use the mod manager to install a body replacer mod in New Vegas and start to play, my characters texture look like this (the pic I have attached). I'm just now getting into the pc gaming and I trying to find a low stress way of fixing the problem.

Did you use the nexus mod manager. i think that is were the problem is, because every body mod is like that and the mod i download a file it wont download in a zip folder so i can do it myself. even when I download manually it downloads in a file that only the nexus mod manager can open.

Hi JCRAIG,

Which body replacer are you trying to use? I think I can tell you how to get it working, I had and solved the same problem. Your last post indicated you can't extract the compressed file and my method will require it to be extracted.

Let me know which one you're using and I will take a look at it.

Well then let's use the DIMONIZED Type3 Body Official Release by dimon99 and Backsteppo here: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=38132

as an example. If you manually download TYPE3 BODY MESHES V3dot5 you're downloading a .rar file, why can you not extract it? I'm currently using 7zip from:

http://7-zip.org/ and I have never downloaded anything from the Nexus that it will not extract.

If you simply can't find the .rar after downloading; if using Firefox click the Tools/Downloads menu options. If you're using IE I can't really help, haven't used it in years but there should be something similar.

Once you have the Download Manager up, right click the file you want and select Open Containing Folder, your download should be selected in the Explorer Window that pops up.

Personally i dont use any modmanagers to download or install any of my mods,

i like to know what gets put where, and for extracting the files,

i still roll it old school with winrar wich you can download for free at download.com

although 7zip as Pelgar sugests should do it aswell (if not better).

then when you have downloaded the files, simply extract the files to the corresponding folders

within your fallout data folder and presto, the problem SHOULD be solved,

i hope that helped

Now that you can extract the files, following the excellent instructions in the description section of:

DIMONIZED Type3 Body Official Release by dimon99 and Backsteppo here: http://newvegas.nexu...le.php?id=38132

should get your body replacer working. If you still have problems download TYPE3 RAIDER TEXTURES full from the files section at above link.

Even if you don't want to use the Dimonized Raider textures, there is a text file in it that tells you how to apply the tattooed raider textures to all female NPCs.

I'm not suggesting that you apply the raider textures to all but the instructions apply to pretty well all body replacers.

I want to warn you ahead of time about one very confusing part of all of this. At some point in the installation you need to copy the female meshes (.nif files) into the Data\meshes\characters\_male game folder.

Even though it defies all logic this is where they go.

The textures (.dds files) go into the Data\textures\characters\female game folder, seems much more appropriate to me.

One other warning, I think you said that your using the Nexus Mod Manager. The instructions will tell you to download and install FOMM (Fallout Mod Manager), NMM and FOMM do not play well together so skip that part.

I don't think they're using FOMM for anything but archive invalidation anyway and I think I read that NMM is doing that now. If not you can do it manually.

Hope this helps.