getting body replacer mods to work

JCRAIG15

From the wiki article "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" checklist section:

* If you are having a "texture" problem, check you have "ArchiveInvalidation" enabled.
** Open your mod manager.
*** [Mod Organizer] (MO): Select your "Profile". Turn on "Automatic Archive Invalidation" in the "Configure Profiles" dialog. Close the mod manager.
*** [Fallout Mod Manager] (FOMM): Depending on the version you have, find "Archive Invalidation" either under the tools tab or find the button "Toggle Archive Invalidation".
*** [Nexus Mod Manager] (NMM) or the newer "Fallout Mod Manager - Forked" (FOMM): if there is a "check mark" shown next to "Archive Invalidation", remove it and close the mod manager. Open the mod manager, open the "Tools" and place a "check mark" next to "Archive Invalidation".
***: If there is not a "check mark" next to "Archive Invalidation", place one there and close the mod manager.
*** [Wrye Flash] (WF): click on the "Installers" tab, then right-click on the "Package" column header (gray bar) and click to place a "check mark" on the "BSA Redirection" context menu entry. Then right-click on the "Package" column header again and select "Anneal All".
** For other texture problems, see the [TESTG Troubleshooting] section.

Whenever you are in doubt, it won't hurt to toggle ArchiveInvalidation off and then back on.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

• 11 months later...

First of all, have you tried toggling "ArchiveInvalidation" off-and-on again? What else have you tried? Did you re-install everything from scratch: game, then mods (in the same order as originally)? If you just tried to copy the game folder from the old drive, then that is most likely your problem.

Suggest you think of this as an opportunity to "do things right", taking advantage of lessons learned. Please see the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. If that doesn't help, Please provide the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article.

-Dubious-

• 1 year later...

Nevermind - typically, after posting, I managed to fix it.

Hi everyone

I've tried for several days to get this working now. I am using Nexus - I have checked the data files and there is a folder for _Male with the femaleUpperBody.Nif file in it and the relevant textures are in the relevant texture folders.

I've installed Vortex Archive Invalidation, I've turned it one after installing, I've also turned it off, restarted Nexus and then turned it on again.

I keep getting the black underwear glitch.

Can anyone please help?

Edited by jester2r

• 1 year later...

i got my game downloaded through steam. i dont know what file to throw the body modifier into. i am new to this whole thing

First, check the date of the last post in the thread. If it is more than six monthss old, you should start your own topic.

Also, you should look over the Nexus Mods wiki https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/FNV_General_Mod_Use_Advice

There is a lot of useful information there and will help to elimate any problems you might encounter.

• 4 months later...

I just figured out how to get "Type N" body replacement working. there should be a folder with private areas in them that go over the black lines, drag them into Textures - Character - Female and replace the textures