Help - ¿How i remove certain items from a mod?

MoonKhajiit

¿Can someone explain to me how to remove certain armours and weapons from Immersive Armours/Weapons using TES5 Edit?
There are some weapons and armours that look very ugly to me.
¿What happens with the file that add all the items to the leveled lists? ¿Should i remove the references in that file too?
Please, i just want to know that.

(This is my first topic here, if i posted it in the wrong site please tell me or move it)

Wow that's a good one, remove items because they look ugly. What are you expecting once these items are removed? Is there some sort of ulterior motive or is it you just you don't like Ugly. Have fun with that.

What I do suggest is just don't look at them works for me and much less hassle.

Wow that's a good one, remove items because they look ugly. What are you expecting once these items are removed? Is there some sort of ulterior motive or is it you just you don't like Ugly. Have fun with that.

I was expecting that kind of ridiculous answer. Thanks a lot for your invaluable help.

What I did is find out the filenames and location of the weapons I didn't like and replace them with other weapons on the Nexus.

That is a good idea, but how? How it would be the process to do that? Can you give me at least a mini tutorial/guide?

Edited by MoonKhajiit

I'm pretty sure that in one of the TES5edit tutorial videos I recently binge-watched it was stated that you can remove items by selecting them, rigth-cliking and choosing 'remove record' (or something like that) command, but don't quote me on that - I was half asleep at the time and can't find that videos now.

As for 'replacing' the unwanted items, I can help you with that.

I don't know how used to messing with mods you are, so I'll try to do it as 'step-by-step' as I can.

First go to the folder where you store mods, find the one you want changed, and open it. Depending on your system and type of the file (zip, 7z, rar, etc...) you do this just by doulbe clicking, or by using a program such as 7zip, winrar or similar to open archive.

Copy/extract all the files you find to a location NOT the Skyrim folder; I find that a new folder on the desktop is most convinient. Let's call that folder NF.

Now you can see what's inside the mod: if it's and esp file and a bunch of folders (meshes and textures for sure, possibly more), you're golden.

If it's .esp and .bsa file, you'll need a 'BSA browser' to open the bsa file. Inside the browser, select all the files you see and use an 'extract to' command (not just 'extract'), and extract the files to the NF folder.

Now that you have access to the files, go into the meshes folder and look for the items you don't like. Most modders name they files almost identically as the ingame objects, so that shouldn't be hard. If you have any doubts, open the .nif files in nifskope and have a look.

Once you've located the items you want to get rid of, take note of their file names and folders they are in.

If the mod is using loose files, all those folders are already in your Skyrim folder.

If the mod is using bsa file, you will need to recreate the folders in your Skyrim folder.

Example: in a mod there are files:

uglyarmor01_0.nif and

uglyarmor01_1.nif;

they are inside folders: meshes/moddedarmors/ebony/

You need to go to your meshes folder, and either find or create moddedarmors/ebony/ folder.

Download a mod with an armor you like. Extract it like described above to a new folder on your desktop, let's call it NF2. Find the files prettyarmor_0.nif and prettyarmor_1.nif. Copy them to the Steam/steamapps/Common/skyrim/Data/meshes/moddedarmors/ebony/ folder.

Rename them as uglyarmor01_0.nif and uglyarmor01_1.nif; (delete the original files if they are there)

Now use Nifskope to open one of them and check what textures they use. (how:

)

If the custom armor uses vanilla textures (which happens suprisingly often), you don't need to do anything else. If it uses cusome texture, go to the NF2 folder and look for 'textures' folder. Open it and look the texture file you've seen in nifskope.

Let's say it is: prettyletherblue.dds and prettyletherblue_n.dds, and they are inside folder:

textures/mymod/letherarmor/.

Go to your Skyrim folder, create Steam/steamapps/Common/skyrim/Data/textures/mymod/letherarmor folder, and copy those two files there.

Now start the game and see if ugly armor was replaced with pretty blue armor. If everything works fine, you can delete the NF and NF2 folders and enjoy the game.

What a great answer for your first!!! comment.

As for why someone would want to do this: how about avoiding all the clutter because of the unwanted items?

Edited by Novem99

T

I'm pretty sure that in one of the TES5edit tutorial videos I recently binge-watched it was stated that you can remove items by selecting them, rigth-cliking and choosing 'remove record' (or something like that) command, but don't quote me on that - I was half asleep at the time and can't find that videos now.

As for 'replacing' the unwanted items, I can help you with that.

I don't know how used to messing with mods you are, so I'll try to do it as 'step-by-step' as I can.

First go to the folder where you store mods, find the one you want changed, and open it. Depending on your system and type of the file (zip, 7z, rar, etc...) you do this just by doulbe clicking, or by using a program such as 7zip, winrar or similar to open archive.

Copy/extract all the files you find to a location NOT the Skyrim folder; I find that a new folder on the desktop is most convinient. Let's call that folder NF.

Now you can see what's inside the mod: if it's and esp file and a bunch of folders (meshes and textures for sure, possibly more), you're golden.

If it's .esp and .bsa file, you'll need a 'BSA browser' to open the bsa file. Inside the browser, select all the files you see and use an 'extract to' command (not just 'extract'), and extract the files to the NF folder.

Now that you have access to the files, go into the meshes folder and look for the items you don't like. Most modders name they files almost identically as the ingame objects, so that shouldn't be hard. If you have any doubts, open the .nif files in nifskope and have a look.

Once you've located the items you want to get rid of, take note of their file names and folders they are in.

If the mod is using loose files, all those folders are already in your Skyrim folder.

If the mod is using bsa file, you will need to recreate the folders in your Skyrim folder.

Example: in a mod there are files:

uglyarmor01_0.nif and

uglyarmor01_1.nif;

they are inside folders: meshes/moddedarmors/ebony/

You need to go to your meshes folder, and either find or create moddedarmors/ebony/ folder.

Download a mod with an armor you like. Extract it like described above to a new folder on your desktop, let's call it NF2. Find the files prettyarmor_0.nif and prettyarmor_1.nif. Copy them to the Steam/steamapps/Common/skyrim/Data/meshes/moddedarmors/ebony/ folder.

Rename them as uglyarmor01_0.nif and uglyarmor01_1.nif; (delete the original files if they are there)

Now use Nifskope to open one of them and check what textures they use. (how:

)

If the custom armor uses vanilla textures (which happens suprisingly often), you don't need to do anything else. If it uses cusome texture, go to the NF2 folder and look for 'textures' folder. Open it and look the texture file you've seen in nifskope.

Let's say it is: prettyletherblue.dds and prettyletherblue_n.dds, and they are inside folder:

textures/mymod/letherarmor/.

Go to your Skyrim folder, create Steam/steamapps/Common/skyrim/Data/textures/mymod/letherarmor folder, and copy those two files there.

Now start the game and see if ugly armor was replaced with pretty blue armor. If everything works fine, you can delete the NF and NF2 folders and enjoy the game.

Thanks for writing everything man! I don't know what to say. Whe i get home i'll try both ways.

• 1 year later...

¿Can someone explain to me how to remove certain armours and weapons from Immersive Armours/Weapons using TES5 Edit?

There are some weapons and armours that look very ugly to me.

¿What happens with the file that add all the items to the leveled lists? ¿Should i remove the references in that file too?

Please, i just want to know that.

(This is my first topic here, if i posted it in the wrong site please tell me or move it)