H.A.S.T.E. gone?

COMBATFUN

So I have the mod still from when I downloaded it and in the Nexus Info tab it reads as such:

"THE FILES IN THIS MOD HAVE BEEN DELETED AND WILL NOT BE UPLOADED AGAIN. YOU CAN THANK YOUR WONDERFUL 'COMMUNITY' FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FREE CONTENT I AND OTHER MOD AUTHORS PROVIDE WHEN THEY THEMSELVES HAVE DONE NOTHING."

People really need to check themselves when they complain about stuff that is made for free. I really hate this happened and I am worried more and more mod authors will follow suit. Please, everyone who enjoys the mods of skyrim, please be sure to show these mod authors your appreciation! They don't have to make this content, they choose to do it.

So I have the mod still from when I downloaded it and in the Nexus Info tab it reads as such:

"THE FILES IN THIS MOD HAVE BEEN DELETED AND WILL NOT BE UPLOADED AGAIN. YOU CAN THANK YOUR WONDERFUL 'COMMUNITY' FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FREE CONTENT I AND OTHER MOD AUTHORS PROVIDE WHEN THEY THEMSELVES HAVE DONE NOTHING."

People really need to check themselves when they complain about stuff that is made for free. I really hate this happened and I am worried more and more mod authors will follow suit. Please, everyone who enjoys the mods of skyrim, please be sure to show these mod authors your appreciation! They don't have to make this content, they choose to do it.

I've heard the " Complaint " line a few times.

Here is the thing, A Mod Creator puts up a product for FREE.

Okay, fine .. now here is the crux of the issue. You put it up for people to USE, but if it has NOT gone through the proper Alpha - Beta testing, and yes it might work on YOUR Machine, with YOUR mod list ... but that does NOT mean it will on other machines.

So, either you have an ATTITUDE, I put this out there and even for FREE, people have an honest expectation that it will work. This is NOT unreasonable at all. If it does not work, and people let you know about it ....

You have 1 of 3 choices:

1 - This mod is " AS IS ". I will not support it and fix bugs, so do NOT ask me.

Problem: The Mod will not become very popular for a lot of obvious reasons.

2 - Understand that WHEN you put a mod " out there ", even for free, expect some BUGS AND ISSUES. If you do not, then you did not enter this reality with a clear understanding. Again, even though it's FREE, there is a reasonable expectation that it should work.

3 - and finally: Grow a backbone. Seriously, I had one Mod Creator a few years back BLAST ME and BANNED ME, for posting a bug.

The thing was, .....

I posted 1 year and 4 month prior to his blasting me. * BLINKS *

He accused me of BLACK LISTING HIS MOD AND HIM.

Here is what I did:

The Bug I had experienced was listed by many others. So I was NOT the first one to do this.

I also did some investigating to see if the Mod Creator had even been on-line.

He/She had been up to their post to blast me.

BUT ... they had NOT been on their MOD FORUM for over a year! So I posted, " ... it appears this mod is no longer supported by the Creator, as his/her last post was just over a year ago. I found they have been on Nexus as recently as yesterday ..... so take it for what it is ... "

So basically they came on to just BLAST ME .. and ya, they BANNED ME. LOL.

But another member, PM'd me about 4 months later telling me:

" Jj, just to let your know. The Creator of X-Mod, has not been seen since they blasted you and banned you. There are still bugs and all I can say is, sorry dude, you were right. This mod is indeed no longer supported."