Graphics glitch - weird!

BlueGunk

I would be most grateful for ideas here. I've weird "black / meat blobs" that arrive on screen momentarily. (Yep - that's right!)

Please see: https://ibb.co/gTw8nR and https://ibb.co/d7PiMm .

The black blobs on the first image arrive from the left, pause a fraction of a second, and then whizz off to the right (see picture two).

This happens from time to time in no pattern I can discern. Busy areas, quiet areas. The problem will turn up, and then fade away for a while. The only trend is for graphically busier areas, but even there no truly obvious patterns or places.

In the right lighting, the black blobs look like bits of blown up meat - red and black, wet and bloody. It is as if the memory has somehow captured a couple of frames of exploded carcass and plays them back at random.

The glitch always - I repeat always - arrives from the left of screen and zips off to the right.

I do have a lot of mods, but I have virtually no other indications of graphics issues. Stuff is on screen as it should be. FPS is steady at around 50+. I have no rainbow effects.

Kit: Intel i7 processor (4 core). 6GB Nvidia 980ti. 16GB RAM. Win 10 home, fully up to date. Game run on a spinner rather than SSD. Using MO2 and an ENB. Generally smooth competent game running experience.

I put this through Google and can't find anyone with this weird problem! I'd really appreciate some input from the FO4 community to work out what on radiated earth is happening here!

Thank you.

I sort of remember, early last year - a person went through this and in their case it was the ENB and their Graphics Card.

They removed the ENB - yes they had to start over ... and the problem went away. They called it, " Graphic Floaters ", similar to what you can get inside your eyes.

Not sure if this is the same, but it brought it to mind.

Interesting. Thanks, jjb45! I recently changed ENB back to one I liked - and that almost fits the time scale of the fault. I never thought of the ENB to be a cause.

So far as I know my NVidia 980Ti is rock solid and fault free. I'm playing other games with absolutely no issues. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice really pushes the card and it performs flawlessly (amazing game, by the way...) :happy:

I'll try changing ENBs. Thanks!

Meanwhile - anyone with other ideas, please roll them my way.

I have tried switching off the ENB, lowering quality, removing a suspect script from Far Harbor that was still limping along in the background. These blobs simply do not go.

It's such a strange glitch. I'll get some black streaks fly past. Then these will arrive from the left for an instant on the screen, and then fly off to the right.

:confused: :huh:

It's a great bit of kit. Thanks!

I do have it capped to a max temperature through NVidia Inspector but maybe I'm being too protective. I could increase the temp allowance to give the processors more leeway? I'm pretty strict with it. I'll give that a go.

But I'm pretty certain this is an FO4 glitch. As I say, in certain light / angles the blobs look exactly like classic FO4 body parts after an explosion. I wonder if something got burnt into my save.

Thank you!

I have tried switching off the ENB, lowering quality, removing a suspect script from Far Harbor that was still limping along in the background. These blobs simply do not go.

It's such a strange glitch. I'll get some black streaks fly past. Then these will arrive from the left for an instant on the screen, and then fly off to the right.

Did you start a clean new game? Yes, I understand a total P.I.T.A. ... but there are too many times that I've seen first hand and reports that " residue hangs on ".

Not saying this is the case, but .... A clean new game clears a lot of " Klingon errors " .

also, did the ENB need you change any .ini files or settings manually?

Did you reset them, if you did?

Did you start a clean new game? Yes, I understand a total P.I.T.A. ... but there are too many times that I've seen first hand and reports that " residue hangs on ".

Not saying this is the case, but .... A clean new game clears a lot of " Klingon errors " .

also, did the ENB need you change any .ini files or settings manually?

Did you reset them, if you did?

Hi

Thanks! No - I don't allow ENB files to change anything. I change only what I want changed. Everything is nailed down with Read Only. I've suffered enough pain in modding over the years!!

I've now changed up to a new ENB but still got this problem. Also tried validating the files.

I really, really don't want to have to start a new game. I know it is the likely only way to clear this graphics glitch but I'd rather live with it than have to go through all those quests again.

I like FO4, but not enough to start a third time.

Especially after suffering the Far Harbor DLC! :pinch:

I HAVE DISCOVERED THE SOURCE OF MY PROBLEM! Thank you to my son who is also a Fallout 4 player (and fan) who took one look and recognised the effect immediately.

The Gas Masks of the Wasteland mod has a blood spot and wipe animations. Fragments of these animations had somehow become burnt into a save in Far Harbor in an irradiated area where I was using a mask.

And they have been running ever since!

So I ran the full animation sequence in my current save and got it cleared down and a fresh save that's free of it. And at last - it's gone!

Thank you for your help. :thumbsup: This case is closed.

(Next time I have a problem in game, I'll check with my son first!)

I HAVE DISCOVERED THE SOURCE OF MY PROBLEM! Thank you to my son who is also a Fallout 4 player (and fan) who took one look and recognised the effect immediately.

The Gas Masks of the Wasteland mod has a blood spot and wipe animations. Fragments of these animations had somehow become burnt into a save in Far Harbor in an irradiated area where I was using a mask.

And they have been running ever since!

So I ran the full animation sequence in my current save and got it cleared down and a fresh save that's free of it. And at last - it's gone!

Thank you for your help. :thumbsup: This case is closed.

(Next time I have a problem in game, I'll check with my son first!)

Congrats!! :D