Skyrim no music :S

Xahstur

Recently i cant hear Skyrims music while gameplay, my audio settings for music are at middle,the other sounds like voices,effects etc work fine but i cant hear any music :S...

Yea Sounds Of Skyrim The Wilds,Sounds Of Skyrim The Dungeons and Tales Of Lycanthropy...but music worked yesturday...

ok, try to uncheck the sous of skyrim (the two), sos dungeon and sos wildness, i have remarqued the two mods of sos make strange thing, for me after i have deleted some mod, this two one make crashing my game, they freeze my game each time, after desinstalling it the problem have gone, and yes, sometime all can going well but make a small change or go in a certain place and it's the panic in the computer, so try to uncheck the box for the mod and peharp you will find the bad mods they change this in this place you are...

• 3 months later...

I figured out the problem. This thread is at the top of google search with "Skyrim no music', so I figured I might as well post the solution here to anyone else who might have stumbled upon it.

If you've googled, it's likely the only response you've seen was to type 'removemusic MUScombatcivilwar' in the console command.

That's almost right, but if that doesn't work, obviously it's some other file that's causing the problem. So you'll have to find it:

It's a bit cumbersome, but type in 'help mus' in the console command. You'll get a long list of information, but use the Page Up button to scroll through the list. Eventually you'll start to see a whole section of 'MUSC: MUS[name]'

That's it, really. Now you've got to go through the list by doing 'RemoveMusic MUSCombat', 'RemoveMusic MUSCombatBoss', etc etc, until you finally start hearing music again. For me it was MUSDungeon that got stuck. By the way, you'll have to close the console before music starts playing again, so close it after every 10 commands or so, to see if you got it.

(To save time typing, use the Up-arrow key to see your previously/last typed command again).

Good luck!

Edited by wesfsdfsdfsdfsdf

• 8 months later...

I figured out the problem. This thread is at the top of google search with "Skyrim no music', so I figured I might as well post the solution here to anyone else who might have stumbled upon it.

If you've googled, it's likely the only response you've seen was to type 'removemusic MUScombatcivilwar' in the console command.

That's almost right, but if that doesn't work, obviously it's some other file that's causing the problem. So you'll have to find it:

It's a bit cumbersome, but type in 'help mus' in the console command. You'll get a long list of information, but use the Page Up button to scroll through the list. Eventually you'll start to see a whole section of 'MUSC: MUS[name]'

That's it, really. Now you've got to go through the list by doing 'RemoveMusic MUSCombat', 'RemoveMusic MUSCombatBoss', etc etc, until you finally start hearing music again. For me it was MUSDungeon that got stuck. By the way, you'll have to close the console before music starts playing again, so close it after every 10 commands or so, to see if you got it.

(To save time typing, use the Up-arrow key to see your previously/last typed command again).

Good luck!

I got this enoing problem and trayed your fix but it got wors now i have no sound or music(except for weapon swing and voices) is there any way to reset ALL sounds and music?

Please Help! isn't there a command line "Reset ALL sounds" "Reset ALL Music" ?

Edited by SCORPION2000

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

a bit different problem here; on loading music starts with very low volume, than it goes off and puff, no more music.

i've probably messed up something changing the music of the game (making the music folder, adding edited files with proper names and so on)

but i don't get it, there ain't no console command to reset the music to default configuration? sounds so silly :P

im trying now the methods listed above, will come to edit if it worked.