Companion Power Armor.

matttighe15

While testing mods i noticed something. Companions will climb into and walk around in power armor without fusion cores (may be a companion infinite ammo and power armor mod problem) which im totally fine with. Your active companion will stay in said power armor forever

Heres the problem. If you get a different companion, and send the old one to a settlement, they will randomly abandon it within like 3 minutes of arrival. I even had nick abandon the armor on the way to spectacle island. i search the entire island, no sign of the armor, he ditched a full suit of max upgraded x01 who f*#@ing knows where in the wasteland. Some stupid level 3 raider is probably walking around beating glowing deathclaws to death in it by now. This is what i want a patch for, i want to have a settlement of OP companions strutting around in power armor. Obviously this isnt an option if they abandon the power armor in a ditch the minute im not monitoring them.

Also, if its not a lot of extra work, fix the command pathfinding. If you order a companion to get into power armor from any direction other than directly behind it, they run into the front of it for like 5 minutes before the thing pops up saying its impossible to reach. Like they are expecting to phase into it or something. They lose the ability to walk around objects or turn corners, anything thats not a perfectly straight line is suddenly impossible
on an unrelated note, my dogmeat is incapable of fetching things. I can drop a million fetchable items in a circle around him, literally burying him under a pile of chems, ammo, guns, ect. Fetch function still says he didnt find anything