[LE] Creation Kit Missing Check Boxes

Charles17

Tried to make my first follower and upon opening creation kit and beginning, I noticed that the tick boxes for "essential, relationship, etc.", just weren't there. It's the same with tesvedit. No checkboxes. Apparently this version of windows 10 no longer reads the program/format that these applications use so there is nothing the user can do about it. My question is...is there an alternative to using creation kit to make a follower or am I just out of luck?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have no experience in creating anything in xedit. I want to create a follower but due to this version of windows not being compatible with "Delphi", no boxes appear to check or drag items in ck or xedit. Is there any kind of standalone application or mod that can perform a similar function?

Tried to make my first follower and upon opening creation kit and beginning, I noticed that the tick boxes for "essential, relationship, etc.", just weren't there. It's the same with tesvedit. No checkboxes. Apparently this version of windows 10 no longer reads the program/format that these applications use so there is nothing the user can do about it. My question is...is there an alternative to using creation kit to make a follower or am I just out of luck?

I'm using the current version of Win 10 (Version 10.0.16299.192 (Win10 RS3)) And if I open the creation kit and go to make a new npc I get the screen below.

As you can see, I can tick essential.

https://i.imgur.com/Q4pk9lV.jpg

Can you post a screen shot of what you get.

I'm currently running Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Evaluation Copy Build 17025.rs_prerelease.171020-1626

https://ibb.co/eca696

using another follower mod to give example

On the tes5edit mod page, post 1:

Sharlikran says

07 November 2017, 9:39PM
Missing Checkboxes: This is know issue. Delphi uses standard built in Windows libraries. The way to look at is (from Zilav) companies can't upgrade code and programs that have graphical issues like this. Microsoft will have to fix it's backwards comparability. Think of the it as the Y2K bug, how is everyone going to go back and change 2, 4, 10 year old programs written with previous version of Delphi and compile it with a new version of Delphi. For some companies the cost would be astronomical.

The unfortunate answer is wait until Microsoft fixes it or revert to a stable version of Windows 10 rather then the insider builds. I am talking to Embarcadero but if they can't help open source developers resolve the issue then we will have to wait and see what Microsoft does.