Weird Camera View

Darties

This is my first post so I really don't know where it belongs, sorry if I am wasting your time.

So I was playing Skyrim and saved right before I died and resurrected my character. I'm now stuck in some weird 3rd person camera view in which I can't see what I am doing. I don't I'm want to start a new game because I am a really high level with the main quest completed.

If anybody knows how to fix this, Please do not hesitate to tell me

Thank you.

Can you toggle between first-person and third-person views? Default on PC is the "F" key. Can you zoom the view in or out? I use the mousewheel.

No I can't, I'm stuck in this weird camera view that won't let me zoom in or out

Open the console with ~ and try to change your FOV by typing "fov 80" or "fov 75" without the quotes.

I have no idea if it'll work, but it's the only way I can think of to forcibly move the gameplay camera.

Did you have any mods active?

If you are alive for a couple seconds right after your save, as I understand, you can press the " ` " key, the one just left to the 1, and type tgm then that will allow you to not die. (Toggle God Mode) Be sure to turn if off after you are done fighting though.

I actually kept getting fixed camera glitches earlier on. With one character I couldn't zoom in and out, or switch between first-person and third-person with the F key. With another, I could switch with F, but couldn't zoom in and out. I just had to go back to slightly older saves - though simply resetting Skyrim worked with one of the two characters.

Sometime when I get off my horse, because I have the dismount animation disabled, I end up half buried in the ground and the camera behaves like this. I toggle clipping ("tcl" in the console) and walk "up" and out of the ground. "tcl" again and it's fixed.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

well, if i can use this section for another "view-bug" i had installed some mods (inigo and Vilja) and all worked fine, no problems with anything till one situation i startet a quest from Inigo, since that i could play normaly (if i start last save when that quest begins) but if i try to load a savegame where i'm have that quest activ or even have it done, i'll start in a vew mode where the camere is set in 3rd person at the position i would arrive in that place i'm allready inif i just had traveled to but my char is at that position i had saved... i still can control the char with "W" "A" "S" "D" and so on and i can turn the camera, but the camera don't move with the char (exapt in forced firstperson by pressing "F") and i can't turn the direkton of my char... now i tryed some things many times, also uninstalling the mods, but that doesn't work cause the game didn't start anymore till i reinstalled the mods again... but that problem still is there... anyone have an idea hof i can force the camera and mouse control back to my char???