Which mod adds [Backpack] Military 3 Days Backpack?

VeggyZ

Hey... I'm having a problem. I can't seem to find any information on this searching for the term on google or here on the forums... I need to know which mod adds [backpack] Military 3 Days Backpack?

The above item is appearing - AS A BOBBLEHEAD - in a couple places inside Vault 111 at the start of the game. I don't know if they appear anywhere else yet, because I don't want to waste my time playing further again if I'm going to have to start over to get rid of them. If these were actually backpacks that actually displayed as backpacks and not bobbleheads, I would keep them, but this is a real big immersion killer... at least so far. I have two suspects, but disabling them doesn't seem to get rid of it... unless I'm missing a component or patch of one of them - certainly, there are enough parts ;)

Suspect 1: the obvious one that doesn't appear to be the issue. A mod called "Wearable Backpacks and Pouches" - which I had installed for a few hours prior and didn't notice anything - until I started a new game. I disabled this mod and played through the beginning of the game up until the location I found them in Vault 111 - they're still there with the mod and it's patches disabled... so...

Suspect 2: I recently (and possibly against my better judgment) decided to try to install all the requisite mods for "Weaponsmith Extended" - though I'm not sure if that's where these are coming from... I noticed it after installing this mod and all it's pre-requisites and starting a new game. I have not yet disabled all of them and restarted yet again because it's a frustrating time investment and it ... doesn't make sense that it would be this mod or it's pre-requisites, though I can't be sure without doing so... maybe I will later... but I wanted to check here before going through the arduous process of disabling mods 1 by 1, and then re-playing the prologue of the game over and over... to see if anyone knows anything. It takes quite a long time to potentially start a new game 99 times to try and figure this out. Not going to happen...

So - does anyone have "[backpack] Military 3 Days Backpack" in their game? And does it display as a bobblehead for you too? What mod do I need to ditch to solve this problem? (or alternatively, what mod do I need to "fix"... I have no clue what added this to my game that is still there on re-start, so I can't exactly mess with load order given that...) If anyone knows what mod adds this, please tell me. I can't STAND this and I really want to play the game ... but if there's going to be bobbleheads laying all over the place ... that's the kind of frustration that makes me uninstall games, which would be a real disappointment because what I've seen of this game so far is fantastic. I'm loving it - or was, until this morning......

FYI - I do not have any official "creation club" mods installed, so it's not a backpack mod from one of those... I've revisited all 99 mod pages looking to see if this item or even "backpacks" are an addition to any of them and I have not found a single thing, except for the backpack mod - and I have it disabled, so it should not be appearing in my game, right? Thanks for any help you can offer......

Edited by VeggyZ

FO4edit probably your only hope here. Download that and lookup some guides how to use it if need be.

If you can, use the in game Console and click on one of these items on screen. See what Formid comes up, the first 2 digits will be the position of the mod that had this item in your mod list. If the first 2 digits are FF, then you'll need to dig through your mods manually and find it.

• 11 months later...

Not related (directly) to your problem, but I had some texture/mesh issues with a bunch of weapons, and I see you also had to finagle with Weaponsmith extended, and also had to load the prerequisite mods (I truly hate the calibers one - WAY too many different types of ammo now). When checking the mod page I realized that I hadn't followed the instructions precisely - you need to manually download a slew of mods, and then C&P the textures and meshes (and sometimes materials and sounds) into you game data folder. You don't download them using your mod organizer, because then you'll get redundant esp's you don't need. So its a bit of work, but now I don't have raiders running around firing invisible guns.

I probably won't use WE on my next play-through - a little too much work and way too much other stuff I neither want or need (and if you are missing textures/meshes for something, that may be where your odd bug is coming from).

And those 'baseball bazookas' that the DC guards walk around with look incredibly stupid. Seriously... never again. :confused: