Game freezes while fighting/shooting

Mortadella

Hy, i have a pretty common issue as it seems, but i can't find a solution with google or in this forum.

Maybe someone can help me.

My game often freezes infight, this happens at random, but surely in a fight, the most part of the time while aiming and shooting, or just shooting in general.
I would say the chance to the game freezing while aiming and shooting, is 8/10. The target does not even need to get hit, it will even freeze, while the projectile is on it's way.

If i play without fighting, like building settlement/just traveling questing, talking and so on, the game can run like unlimited without issues, 8h in a row for example.

But when i go infight, just aiming at a enemy and shooting at him, no matter if i use vats or manuel, the chance that the game will freeze is extremly huge.

It even can be like:

- game freezes because shooting on a enemy

- closing game, restarting, loading in, shooting at him again, BAM freeze

- closing again, restarting, loading in, shooting at him, nothing happens, game is going on perfectly

- game can now freeze again in the next moments of the fight or is just running good for a while

This can even happen outfight, just shooting around while aiming, but mostly just infight and can get extremly annoing, because of restarting the game like 10 times in 10 minutes.

Any constructive advise is very welcomed! :smile:

Edited by Mortadella

We need more information ... are you using combat animation mods ? Any mod that overhaul raiders, super-mutants, robots and synths, War of the Commonwealth ? See-through-scopes, etc, etc, ....

We need more information ... are you using combat animation mods ? Any mod that overhaul raiders, super-mutants, robots and synths, War of the Commonwealth ? See-through-scopes, etc, etc, ....

Ah yes sorry, i'm not aware what all could cause it.

yes i use War of the Commenwealth, Raider Overhaul, Super Mutant Redux. No mod for robots or synths. Texture pack for animals.

I use See Through Scopes too but no combat animations or anything what would alter animations in general.

I use a blood texture and more gore mod, but as explained before, the game even freezes if the projectile is on it's way and didn't hit.

The freezes seem pretty random, like right now, i saw 5 synths and i knew, the game will freeze, so i saved the game before. I shot like 8 time and bam, game freezed.

(Played now 5h in a row without freezes, just builded settlement and shot a few raiders/mutants)

It doesn't matter if i'm in focus/aiming mode or not, if 1st person or 3th person, if VATS or manuel.

I even checked my ram used by the system while the freeze happened. Is going from 2,4-4,8gb.

My PC has following statts:

I5-4570 3.2gh

Nvidia GTX 1070

8GB RAM

Playing with 2650x1440 on a UHD TV

Snych is on @60fps 80% of the time.

Graphical Settings:

Textures Quality: Ultra

Shadow Quality: High

Shadow Distance: Medium

Lighting Quality: High

Godrays Quality: Ultra (i use a mod called "Ultra Quality Godrays Perfomance Fix" to get rid of the stuttering caused by rays)

Depth of Field: Low

Weapon Debris: Off

Object Fade: 3/4

Actor Fade: Full

Grass Fade: 3/4

Item Fade: 1/2

Maybe it's my pretty low processor? But as i have read a lot about freezing or crashing while aiming/fighting, i think it's a issue with the game itself.

But i do know, this wasn't always as hardcore as atm, that i have to save everytime before i encounter enemies i know i will aim for.

Edited by Mortadella

• 3 years later...