Converting .nss to .ncs issue.

TheGuyWithPies

Hey all. Sorry if this is the wrong place Iâm posting to. It is my first post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know I need turn my .nss files to .ncs files to mod the KotOR scripts, but when I compile via KotOR tool and other scripting programs, it always comes out as a .nss file.

I adjust my script accordingly, hit the compile (not save) button. I do not adjust the name of the file and hit the save button that pops up. It then says that it is compiled as a .nss file in my Override folder. It does not work in my game.

Am I doing something wrong? I am a relative novice as far as KotOR modding is concerned and Iâd really love to modify all aspects of the game to make it suit my tastes.

• 1 month later...

Hey all. Sorry if this is the wrong place Iâm posting to. It is my first post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know I need turn my .nss files to .ncs files to mod the KotOR scripts, but when I compile via KotOR tool and other scripting programs, it always comes out as a .nss file.

I adjust my script accordingly, hit the compile (not save) button. I do not adjust the name of the file and hit the save button that pops up. It then says that it is compiled as a .nss file in my Override folder. It does not work in my game.

Am I doing something wrong? I am a relative novice as far as KotOR modding is concerned and Iâd really love to modify all aspects of the game to make it suit my tastes.

write script. hit compile script in Kotor tool. save file as "example.nss" no quotations, then it will compile your NSS into a NCS. By the end you will have "example.ncs" and "example.nss" only .ncs needs to go into the override or within the module for it to work.

P.S. you should head to another SW forum for kotor, try searching for modding kotor communities.