No textures in bodyslide from MO

Sathella

I switched from NMM to Mo this afternoon and have been going through the process of getting it situated. So far, I have resolved all of my issues with the exception of the topic title.

In bodyslide, I can see the list of the CBBE body and armor meshes. However, there are no textures registering. When I look through MO, I can see the texture drop-down under data - Everything is in there. I'm confident that it is a simple issue of not finding the correct path (I've noticed MO can screw with data paths).

Anyone have any advice on how I can resolve this?

Launch BodySlide, down near the bottom there will be a Settings button. Click that, make sure the window that pops up has "BSA Textures" checked. If it doesn't click that and click the OK button.

Also, this all assumes you're launching BodySlide through MO's interface. Since you saw the meshes, I'm assuming you're doing that already.

Swing and a miss - It was already checked.

I'm confident that it is in Mod Organizer somewhere. Something just isn't referencing to the correct place, I just can't figure out where.

And I don't mean to come off as a dick, I'm just super frustrated with it, because I know I'm going to feel like an idiot when I see the solution is something simple and obvious.

Edited by Sathella

You're running BodySlide through MO right? That is, you added BodySlide as a program in the "Modify Executables" dialog? Almost all tools have to be run through MO (BethINI is an exception).

Also, if you're planning to use a CBBE body, then you'll need some CBBE textures and not the BSA ones.

Of course.

Look, I know how bodyslide works, been using it for over a year when I was using Nexus Mod Manager. Since doing a fresh install over to Mod Organizer, I can't get it to cooperate. I've done all the steps that should have filled all of the bodyslide criteria, however it can not detect textures.

As I stated above, I'm certain there is a step that I missed. I'm looking for someone who has some better-than-most knowledge of getting bodyslide to work via MO.

I used to have the exact same problem you're encountering when I switched to MO, so I know how you're feeling. It used to drive me batty. Somewhere in the past year or two I managed to get it working properly, but my problem here is that I don't recall exactly what fixed it, so I can't tell you *this thing* is what you're missing. I think it will come down to one of two things though:

First, where do you have MO and Skyrim installed? When I used NMM, I had Skyrim (and Steam) in C:\Program Files\, which was the default for Steam's installer. I found that this does not work well with MO because Windows' permissions system does a lot to protect that folder. This creates problems with BodySlide, and also other programs like FNIS, when it tries to write files. Moving Steam to C:\Games\Steam\ solved a lot of issues there. Likewise, I have MO in C:\Games\Mod Organizer\ to avoid permissions issues. I don't know if the permissions problems might also impact reading the texture files inside BodySlide. So this might not be your solution.

Second, just to confirm for the sake of not overlooking the obvious: are you using the latest version of BodySlide? As opposed to, say, using an older version you already had to avoid downloading it again. At one point, I honestly thought the texture problem might have been a bug in an older version of the program that had been fixed.

Edited by DarkRudra

Dark -

This is the filepath that I am using for bodyslide. 2 TB HDD (E:) > Steam > steamapps > common > Skyrim > Mod Organizer > mods > BodySlide. I have a SSD for Windows and only a few select OS related things on there. Everything else is on my 2nd 2 TB drive. So, it should all be in the "same area".

And yea, I got the most recent version. When I decided I was going to start fresh, I wanted to make sure it was as fresh as I could. I took screenshots of my mod lists from NMM before I trashed it, so I could find the mods again on Nexus and re-download the most recent versions.

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same issue and it's driving me bat s#*! crazy.
I too am very knowledgable when it comes to Bodyslide and MO. But for some reason I am not showing any Skyrim OUtfits or Armors in Bodyslide, and my changes to nude body's are not showing in game. I don't know what the hell is going on. MO is on the same SSD as my game files are. And Bodyslide works fine and dandy for SSE and CBBE. It's just not working for Oldrim and UNP.

I Guess I'm going to go try CBBE.... I don't know... f*#@.....

• 2 months later...
If anyone else stumbles upon this thread, my missing texture issue turned out to be caused by incorrectly selecting the "Game Data Path" in the Bodyslide settings (the ones that you access by launching the .exe) due to installing Skyrim in a non-standard location. Since Bodyslide couldn't find the Skyrim install when I first launched it, I had to manually locate the install folder and selected "\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\". However, that was a mistake; it turns out you have to select the data folder, which has a path of "\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\". When the wrong path was used, it created a new meshes folder in the Skyrim directory instead of in the data folder. After fixing that, textures loaded and I was able to build outfits. Hope this helps. Edited by Jlin8002
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...