CTD on Loading Saves (mods).

Kebabisz

I just recently started having this issue where my skyrim se crashes ive tried disabling mods one by one and now the ones that did work no longer work, i crash when i load new or load save i have a payprus log if that could help anyone tell me what the problem is i will try the XPMS trick i read earlier in the forum as well. When i run fnis theres no errors when i run tes5 everything is fine and when i run loot there are no warnings/errors and same when running wryebash the mod installer im using is MO2.

• 2 weeks later...

Like everything else in your .ini files that is what will activate when you launch your game if certain conditions are met. In other words if you have a plug in with a missing master file that message is what you will see if it is detected by your game.

• 10 months later...

As someone who has a crazy amount of random mods installed, deleting SKEE.dll and its associated files indeed fixed my CDD issues. I was having random saves loading and others not loading and was like Russian roulette when trying to load a game. THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!

Edited by Killerredvine

• 1 year later...

Thanks so much, I had a problem with ctd when loading my old saves from a previous profile and could not for the life of me find out why. I made a new game and it instantly told me I was missing skse, I had it disabled like a dumbass. Anyway, reactivated skse and old save working again. I would have never found out why otherwise (unless I went through mod by mod), you saved me a lot of time.

• 1 year later...

I know this topic is old but if anyone has similar problem it might help...

Suddenly I had same problem. I tried all those things above but none of them help. Maybe not completly not helped but just in case I deleted skee64 files (dont mistook with skse64). One file is located in Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE and the other in game folder - data - skse - plugins. Don't delete skee64.dll or game won't launch. Then I launched game from steam (not skse), loaded last save that crashed before when loading with skse, did hard save (esc key - save - new save), exit game and relaunch but this time with skse. It worked.

• 1 month later...