skse 64 Frequent Crashes

DylanDMS

whenever i play skyrim se with skse64 my game crashes randomly. in some areas I've noticed that it crashes there every time i go there. for example, when i had to enter the house next to the stables outside of whiterun to beat up a guy for the companions quest. the game crashes if I'm in there for around 30 seconds.

SKSE64 is NOT READY.

The creators even state the following:

1. Alpha Test

2. We will not support this.

3. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Why anyone would use it, with these warnings is beyond me. Sorry for the Straight Talk .... but SKSE64 is simply:

NOT READY. So ya, use at your own risk.

I figured out the problem. I didn't convert RaceMenu properly to special edition and it was causing the crashes.

btw jjb54, other than the crashing issue, skse has worked fine with no other problems.

I figured out the problem. I didn't convert RaceMenu properly to special edition and it was causing the crashes.

btw jjb54, other than the crashing issue, skse has worked fine with no other problems.

I just had too many of my mods that did NOT like it .... and when I asked the creators, they simply stated in various ways:

We are not going there until it's stable and in BETA ... So IF I was just going to use the few mods that did work with it, well ....

I've seen other posts by jjb54 knocking the use of SKSE64 & seems to have an ax to grind. It works fine for me & the mods that need it. UI alone makes it worth it.

True. Unless I had specific issues that could undeniably trace back to SKSE, then I'm not going to stop using it. Its fairly easy to troubleshoot SKSE by simply running the vanilla .exe. I don't see why this isn't ruled out before people come in here.

• 1 month later...

Are you running BethINI?

If so, it's possible that you've set your graphics beyond what your computer can actually handle. You may have run out of VRAM. I've had this happen frequently. It's always in an outside location because I had my View Distance settings too high.

Try dialing those settings back and see if that solves anything.