SKSE64 - FullScreen Help

SmallFryTrooper

Hey guys and gals,

I'm new to Nexus but I've been playing Skyrim SE on my xbox1 with mods and I was sick and tired of the lack of ability to mod it more. So I figured I would test out my new gaming PC.

I just downloaded the SKSE64 file and went thru all the video tutorials up on youtube...took me over an hour to figure out the .dll file issues, but I got those fixed and the game will finally launch via SKSE.

However

It wont launch in full screen. Ive tried looking around online to see if there was a fix to this but so far all I've found is stuff in foreign languages that I can't make out, or that you have to go in and mess with coding but there is no commentary. Just someone moving their mouse around and circling s#*! ect.

Is there anyway to fix this lack of full screen issue in an uncomplicated matter? Also side question do I need LOOT or does NMM already have it in it??? Kinda confused on that one.

Thanks!

Jen

P.S. will the mods I install off the game (mod options in menu screen) show up in NMM? I downloaded the game off steam btw.

Looks Like it time for you to make friends with your INIs. http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_INI

This one is very, very handy. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4875/

Also, You should be able to use the Skyrim SE launcher to get to the options, set the options, close, then launch with SKSE64.

NNM and MO will let you manually make changes to your load order. LOOT will do automatically. You will likely find yourself using both. LOOT for a base and NNM or MO for fine tuning.

For installing mods, Use A Mod Manager. I wouldn't mess with Steam or Bethesda.net for PC modding.

• 4 months later...

If you are using Mod Organizer go to profiles and make sure Local Game Settings is unclicked.

Ken

Thank you Ken, I had this issue too, and it was solved instantly by this tip. It also gave me back the use of my PS4 controller through SKSE64, which wasn't happening before!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The options above didn't work for me, so I will describe my solution (Skyrim Special Edition):

I had special character in my Windows username "C:/users/michał". Some programs can't handle the "ł", so they created another folder: "C:/users/michal". Skyrim launcher saves changes to .ini file in "michał", but the Skyrim actually uses the .ini file from "michal", so it doesn't see my changes to settings. If you think this is your case (you have some weird characters in your username), use the launcher to modify the settings as you want them to be (for example enable full screen) and save it. Then go to folder with the special character ("C:\Users\Michał\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition" in my case) and copy the .ini file to the folder without the special character ("C:\Users\Michal\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition"). If windows asks you to replace the file, accept it.

Wasted 2 hours for that. I really have no idea why Windows allows for special characters in user names when it clearly leads to problems.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

If you are using Mod Organizer go to profiles and make sure Local Game Settings is unclicked.

Ken

Thank you so much! I have been trying to find the solution to this problem for a couple of hours. Deleting (clearing?) the profile did the trick!