Well This Is New

varkonasnorse

So I go to the tavern in Falkreath to get a meade, and when I go to exit I gotta pick the lock just to get out. And sure enough there's a guard waiting on the other side of the door waiting to collect a bounty for me breaking out of a building and not into it. Now I've seen everything. :down:

So I go to the tavern in Falkreath to get a meade, and when I go to exit I gotta pick the lock just to get out. And sure enough there's a guard waiting on the other side of the door waiting to collect a bounty for me breaking out of a building and not into it. Now I've seen everything. :down:

that's weird... was it night or day?

Happens all the time now. I can go in whenever I want, but coming out I have to pick the lock which triggers the guard, or use the door unlock console command which does not trigger the guard. It's gotta be mod related I think. I only have like 65 mods and a total pf 110 plugins so I shouldn't be having many problems yet. I'm sure I'll see more. :pinch:

• 2 weeks later...

Happens all the time now. I can go in whenever I want, but coming out I have to pick the lock which triggers the guard, or use the door unlock console command which does not trigger the guard. It's gotta be mod related I think. I only have like 65 mods and a total pf 110 plugins so I shouldn't be having many problems yet. I'm sure I'll see more. :pinch:

Are you using Chesko's "Simply Knock" per chance? I've found that using it to gain entry to some locations often results in my character being "locked in" as you have described. Morthal's guard barracks for example. I usually use the console to unlock the door. It's "lore friendly" that way lol.

Are you using Chesko's "Simply Knock" per chance? I've found that using it to gain entry to some locations often results in my character being "locked in" as you have described. Morthal's guard barracks for example. I usually use the console to unlock the door. It's "lore friendly" that way lol.

No. I don't use it. Dead Man's Drink is the only place in Skyrim that this happens, however. I don't go there too often, so I won't really worry too much about it. :dry:

Edited by varkonasnorse

No. I don't use it. Dead Man's Drink is the only place in Skyrim that this happens, however. I don't go there too often, so I won't really worry too much about it. :dry:

Strange... I'd say it's probably caused by a mod given that no one else seems to have encountered this issue - though it's also possible that they have and just not reported it. Maybe you can identify the culprit by narrowing down the mods that change those cells (if any) or affect NPCs that interact with Dead Man's Drink?