Party Camp Ambush Scene Crash to Desktop

reaper55

After reinstalling Dragon age origins recently and playing through a new PC , i have become stuck on the scene where your party is ambushed at the camp - the entire cinematic of the dragon flying around happens , then my screen turns to black for a few seconds ( i can still see the dragon age cursor then ) and then it crashes to my desktop

It is only for this specific sequence?

It has done it repeatedly for at least 10 times

I do have mods but i turned them off and it doesn't change them

I have also attempted lowering my specs ,and that doesn't work

Alternatively : is there a console code or way to skip the cutscene or even the ambush

My specs for my laptops are as following

HP Pavilion dv6

AMD PHENOM II N620 Dual Core 2.8 Ghz Processors

4GB of Memory (3.74 usable )

64 bit OS

mobility radeon hd 5470

Normally I can run the game with mods on medium to -medium high settings.

Any help appreciated

After reinstalling Dragon age origins recently and playing through a new PC , i have become stuck on the scene where your party is ambushed at the camp - the entire cinematic of the dragon flying around happens , then my screen turns to black for a few seconds ( i can still see the dragon age cursor then ) and then it crashes to my desktop

It is only for this specific sequence?

It has done it repeatedly for at least 10 times

I do have mods but i turned them off and it doesn't change them

I have also attempted lowering my specs ,and that doesn't work

Alternatively : is there a console code or way to skip the cutscene or even the ambush

My specs for my laptops are as following

HP Pavilion dv6

AMD PHENOM II N620 Dual Core 2.8 Ghz Processors

4GB of Memory (3.74 usable )

64 bit OS

mobility radeon hd 5470

Normally I can run the game with mods on medium to -medium high settings.

Any help appreciated

• 1 year later...

Are you sure your computer is working all fine? I mean, usually problems like this mean that some part might have got broken. Try playing some other game and see if the problem reappears. Also scan for viruses, a friend of mine had some really bad issues with his gameplay because of some virus. And the last thing I'd suggest for now is checking your mods. You said you've turned them off but sometimes it doesn't solve the issue. What kind of mods do you have? Mods like Karmas Origins Companions or so sometimes get pretty messy, but usually in most cases redownloading and reinstalling them solves the issue.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So I figured out a fix for this. I loaded an earlier save and disabled tactics on all my companions. When the cutscene happened I was able to do the fight afterwards without it crashing. Hope this helps.

Actually worked. Didn't turned off mods, nor lowered graphics. Didn't do anything, just disabled the tactics. Actually worked! Just saved me a lot of pain in the buns, never would've guessed it myself. Thanks mate.

Can I "Thumbs up" the post here or something?

Edited by aVaTaRdaMaD