⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

CTD's and Bugs Issue

elpuma77

Hi!

Recently I have been adding some new mods to my current game and I have found some important issues. Sorry if my English is not very good or accurate i´m from Spain so English is not my native languge (please feel free to write-PM in Spanish if you like). PLease excuse me.

1) First of all I am getting quite frequent CTD's and I have noticed that they almost never happen inside dungeons and cities. Also I have noticed that they usually happen when I am walking in the wilds. This happens repeatedly when I walk from whiterun to riverwood (the ctd happens beside the meadery) and from riverwood to whiterun. It seems that it crashes when loading LOD (i mean when distant rocks or trees suddenly appear) and when there is fog. Finally for this issue I have seen that ninroot glows (the two on the small stream) "Looks different". Instead of the glow being translucent and three-dimnsional I see a bright 2D white glow, and the plant is almost impossible to see inside the glow (to me it looks like the lowres LOD texture is loaded even when my character is in front of it).

2) Another issue I have been having is in the aspen trees area.Lets see if I can explain myself...lets say I am going towards a cave far away. The way I see the mountains ahead of me is a low res texture, and as I get closer the objects start loading and the higer res textures start appearing. What happens is that even if am in front of a tree I see it in 2d, and the rock covering of the mountains doesn't appear. So what I see is a huge mountain with an entrance to a dungeon (which cant be entered) that has no path to get to it and a huge mountain with only ground cover textures on it.

3) The next issue I think it has to do with TCG. When I contract followers they have their armor, and if I give them something they put it on, but when I dismiss them next time I come back they are naked!!!

5) Another of my issues has to do with CK's custom NPC's-Aeela. I installed it and had the cute facelift for Aeela, but I don't know since when she turned again to her vanilla looks, but without the warpaint all over her face.

6) This one has to do with killmoves. Sometimes the killmove activates, but when it finishes the bandit or whoever it was is still alive and hitting me (cut his head off but then he is still alive and with head on his shoulders).

7) When I shoot with my bow enenmies get paralyzed before the arrow hits them. SOmetimes the arrow strike doesn't make a sound, and some other the sound of the striking arrow comes 3secs after the guy is dead.

8) Ranger ridge: followers can't go through the ladder down to the house door but through the tunnel they do.

9) some enemies are like frozen or they walk by me without attacking (saw this in laberynthian).

10) when summoning creatures even after doing the spell 10 times they still dont appear.

11) for the Paarturnax fix the greybeards are good with my char, bu the blades still ask me to kill the dragon even though the quest is finished. Now I have a miscellaneous quest that say "go back to esbern". I talk to him about every dialogue option he has and still I can't go further in the quest.

12) having lag issues when close to very birght sources of light (specially fire animations) and fog inside of dungeons or outside in the wilds.

Followingly I leave my mods list and plugin list form NMM so you guys can see it and try to be as useful as I can. I know I have installed some mods manually and some retextures so I hope they are all in the lists of plugins or esps.

I will be updating this with the issues i find (I will try to put pictures since my description may not be very accurate) and the neww mods I install in hopes that this info may be useful for everyone

My MODS list:

-83Willows and 101BugsHD

-A quality world map

-A tribute to AC axe

-Andragorns Armoury Update 2

-Armor Ebony Gold female/male HD

-Beautiful Whiterun (Manual Install)

-Better Horses

-Birds and Flocks

-Blade of Olympus

-Blades of Chaos and Athena

-Blades of Sithis 15b

-CK's Might of the legion for WZ

-Cloaks of Skyrim

-Conjuration and Summoning Fixes

-Crimson Tide

-Daggercraft Package

-Dancing Crane Katana

-Deacons DB Pack

-Deadly Dragons+Texture pack

-Deadly spell impacts

-Detailed faces v2 lite

-Dovahriid-The Dragon Lords

-Dragon Bone package 1 and 2

-Dynavision

-Einhrjar Armor

-Enchanting Freedom

-Enhanced Distant Terrain 1-2

-Enhanced Night Sky v04 color galaxy and high stars

-Evil Incarnate Daedric gear by Omiel

-Favoured Souls evening star

-fix shadows high/mid/low

-Followers can relax

-Frostmourne w/ encantation

-Helms Haven (two files)

-HiRes legible Road Signs

-Horse armors for skyrim v1_5

-Immersive Skyrim Thunder V5

-Improved stormcloack and imperial uniforms for WZ

-Increased follower limit v2.0.4

-Isilmeriel LOTR Weapons Collection v280

-Ivory Weapons and Armor v1_4

-K Custom Followers- Aeela

-Masters of Death-Rise of the Brotherhood

-Midas Magic-Spells in Skyrim_008a

-No more blocky faces 1-50

-Perfect Legionnaire-IMperial Armor Reforged 3-0

-Proudspire Manor, Dragonborn Edition

-Ranger Ridge

-Remove Ambient Interior Fog Final version

-Shadow Stripping Fix

-Skyrim MOnster MOd

-Skyrim Monster Mod-Hunter v1b

-Skyrim Performance PLUS: Pine needles/rainfall/Snowfaal/Aspen Leaves

-Skyrim UNlimited Rings and Amulets

-Sounds of Skyrim: the wilds and dungeons

-Spouses can live anywhere

-Static Mexh Improvement

-Tradable Companion Gear+Extended Version

-The Dance of Death 1-5

-The Paarthurnax Fix

-Vanilla Mannequin Script Fix

-Vibrant Auroras

-Warglaives of Azzinoth

-Wars in Skyrim v4.4

-Warzones civil Unrest

-Weapon Ebony Gold Complete set

-Weapons and Armor Fixes

-Winter is Coming Cloaks (2 files)

NMM PLugins List:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Warzones-Civil Unrest.esm

Ranger Ridge.esm

SkyMoMod.esm

Weapons and Armor Fixes-Hacks.esp

Weapons and Armor Fixes.esp

SoS-The Dungeons.esp

SoS.The Wilds.esp

83Willows_101Bugs_LowRes.esp

Dynavision Dynamic Depth of Field.esp

Follower Limit Increased.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp

WiS IV-Blood Coins Normal.esp

WiS IV-Fix FrostspiderGiant.esp

WiS IV-HEroes and Villains.esp

WiS IV-Leveled World X2.esp

WiS IV-NormalMode.esp

WiS IV-NPCs Heal and Resurrect.esp

WiS IV-Perks for NPCs.esp

WiS IV-Water Wars.esp

CK's MIght of the Legion.esp

MidasSkyrim.esp

ScImp Uniforms WARZONES.esp

Deadly Spell Impacts.esp

Warglaice of Azzinoth.esp

Perfect Legionnaire 3.0.esp

EinherjarArmor.esp

DaggerCraft.esp

ACAxe.esp

Cloaks.esp

Cloaks-PC Only.esp

Cloaks- NO Imperial.esp

Blades of Sithis.esp

Blades_of_Chaos.esp

DualSwords.esp

Frostmourne1.0.1.esp

Skyrim Unlimites Rings and Amulets.esp

Masters of Death.esp

DeadlyDragons.esp

Birds.esp

Blade_of_Olympus.esp

DragonBoneWeaponsPack01_v01.00.esp

DragonBoneWeaponsPack02.esp

FS_EveningStar.esp

KCustomAeela.esp

RemoveAmbientInteriorFog.esp

The Dance of Death V1.2.esp

Bladesfactionfix.esp

It_better_horses.esp

armored-horse.esp

1nivWICCloaks.esp

1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp

1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp

HelmsHaven.esp

Ivory.esp

Encryption-DoF.esp

Assasinscraftables.esp

dbarrows.esp

dbbownogloss.esp

dbdagger.esp

dbsword.esp

listenersarmorset.esp

Proudspire Manor-Dragonborn Edition.esp

Ranger Ridge.esp

Andragorn's Armoury

Enchanting Freedom.esp

Conjuration & Summoning fixses.esp

Shadow Stripping Fix.esp

TCG.esp

Crimson Tide-Blood.esp

IsilNarsil.esp

FollowerWander2.esp

Spousetocustomhome.esp

SkyMoMod_lists.esp

Hunter.esp

AV1Dragon_Lords.esp

Beautiful Whiterun.esp

Realistic Whiterun.esp

Thanks to all modders, the nexus sites and bethesda for all this ongoing amazing work that makes this amazing game and all the amazin mods that come out every day that keeps this game much more alive. Keep this up please and thanks again for all your work.

Hola puma, tienes una lista muy impresionante, probablemente la rason que tienes conflictos, tienes demasiado.

About your first problem... I had the same as you mentioned in my thread, it's all about 2 conflicting mods for sure, for me it was Tytanis, for others it's SoS, it all depends which mods you have, sometimes you just need to wait for an update because Bethesda updates their game every other week, so a lot of mods crash if they're not updated !

You must do the same as I did, disable all of them with Wrye Bash (or the program you use) and enable them one by one and play with until you have a CTD, I know it sucks, and with all the mods you have it sucks big time haha, but that's the only way, also you should check out if you updated all your mods.

set inside skyrim.ini following

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

then play. after ctd post the important part from papyrus.0.log here.

C:\Users\%USER%\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script\Papyrus.0.log

Edited by sbire

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:01PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:01PM] Update budget: 800.000000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 800.000000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:01PM] Memory page: 256 (min) 512 (max) 2457600 (max total)

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:30PM] Cannot open store for class "CR04BrutePreQuestScript", missing file?

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:30PM] error: Unknown property type 148 loaded from disk for property on script sprigganCallAnimalsAOE

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:30PM] error: Unknown property type 68 loaded from disk for property on script sprigganCallAnimalsAOE

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:30PM] Cannot open store for class "MidasLuggageScript", missing file?

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:31PM] error: Unable to bind script CR04BrutePreQuestScript to alias Brute on quest CR04 (00025231) because their base types do not match

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:48PM] VM is freezing...

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:48PM] VM is frozen

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:50PM] Reverting game...

[03/30/2012 - 04:44:58PM] Loading game...

[03/30/2012 - 04:44:58PM] error: Unable to bind script CR04BrutePreQuestScript to alias Brute on quest CR04 (00025231) because their base types do not match

[03/30/2012 - 04:44:59PM] VM is thawing...

Edited by sikma200

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:01PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:01PM] Update budget: 800.000000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 800.000000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:01PM] Memory page: 256 (min) 512 (max) 2457600 (max total)

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:30PM] Cannot open store for class "CR04BrutePreQuestScript", missing file?

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:30PM] error: Unknown property type 148 loaded from disk for property on script sprigganCallAnimalsAOE

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:30PM] error: Unknown property type 68 loaded from disk for property on script sprigganCallAnimalsAOE

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:30PM] Cannot open store for class "MidasLuggageScript", missing file?

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:31PM] error: Unable to bind script CR04BrutePreQuestScript to alias Brute on quest CR04 (00025231) because their base types do not match

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:48PM] VM is freezing...

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:48PM] VM is frozen

[03/30/2012 - 04:41:50PM] Reverting game...

[03/30/2012 - 04:44:58PM] Loading game...

[03/30/2012 - 04:44:58PM] error: Unable to bind script CR04BrutePreQuestScript to alias Brute on quest CR04 (00025231) because their base types do not match

[03/30/2012 - 04:44:59PM] VM is thawing...

Well, according to the "CR04BrutePreQuestScript Missing File" I think this particular quest is glitched and i may have to download a save PAST the introduction.

EDIT: I found saves that include themselves being out of the introduction, except they crash in their loading.. or maybe its their mods in there. can anyone gimme a save with ralof RIGHT outside the helgen keep?

EDIT 2: Actually I have found out that it wasn't the introduction, it was random crashing after a few seconds when I start the game on any save. any solutions?

Edited by sikma200

sorry i have been lost in all this mod Ha Ha Ha, you have good people they help you, it's too much for me trying to debugging all this mod, so i am not usuful, but i can sing a song Ha ha ha!, ok i let you working..., but i am pretty sure sos the willd are one of the responsible, but i don't know why... Edited by AngeGardien

Log 3... [03/31/2012 - 03:14:48AM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[03/31/2012 - 03:14:48AM] Update budget: 800.000000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 800.000000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)

[03/31/2012 - 03:14:48AM] Memory page: 256 (min) 512 (max) 2457600 (max total)

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:07AM] Cannot open store for class "CR04BrutePreQuestScript", missing file?

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:07AM] error: Unknown property type 148 loaded from disk for property on script sprigganCallAnimalsAOE

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:07AM] error: Unknown property type 68 loaded from disk for property on script sprigganCallAnimalsAOE

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:07AM] Cannot open store for class "MidasLuggageScript", missing file?

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:08AM] error: Unable to bind script CR04BrutePreQuestScript to alias Brute on quest CR04 (00025231) because their base types do not match

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:08AM] warning: Property OpticQuest on script OpticDustQuestScript attached to OpticDustQuest (1200182A) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:15AM] VM is freezing...

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:15AM] VM is frozen

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:15AM] Reverting game...

[03/31/2012 - 03:16:41AM] Loading game...

[03/31/2012 - 03:16:41AM] error: Unable to bind script CR04BrutePreQuestScript to alias Brute on quest CR04 (00025231) because their base types do not match

[03/31/2012 - 03:16:41AM] warning: Property OpticQuest on script OpticDustQuestScript attached to OpticDustQuest (1200182A) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/31/2012 - 03:16:41AM] VM is thawing...

[03/31/2012 - 03:16:43AM] warning: Property OpticQuest on script OpticDustQuestScript attached to OpticDustQuest (1200182A) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Says something about "Midas" Tytanus spells...? It was a really old mod I deleted before and worked. but, opticdustquestscript?

Wow!!!

I didn't expect my thread to be successful but it seems it is. Last night (2am Spain time) there were no replies, and now after I wake up I see 8 replies!!! Thanks for the help! It is very appreciated.

Well, lets go to the issue at hand. I have been thinking abou the issue and it obviously looks like some mods are conflicting with the new update so I think it would be wise to try and update all the mods to their latest version. On the other hand I think that DOD (Dance of Death) may be conflicting with the update, but don't take my word on this because I don't know 1% of what modders do (never made a mod myself), so excuse me if I am making wrong assumptions.

At last i figured out that tradable Companions Gear and Deadly Dragons both edit followers and make all of them essential. COuld this be an issue??

Here is what I am going to try: I am going to reinstall the game, and I am going to download all the mods again to their newest versions. Then i will install them one by one and play for 30 min w/ each to see if there is any issue. If the problem persists I will wait for a couple of days for modders to update their stuff and repeat the latter again.I hope this works because I cant think of anything else further to this. If you think there is something better to do please tell me.

Also, would it be useful for you people if I tried the ini settings posted above and post the results again here??

Thanks for all your feedback people!!!!!

El Puma!

Thanks to Bethesda, the nexus community and all modders for their amzing work!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!

PD: Gracias JD1!!! xD