Institute alternate ending mod request

herdustisverypretty

I have seen an alternate ending mod for the Institute, but it involved siding with a different faction and then not destroying the Institute.

What I'm looking for is a mod that let's you side with the Institute but either convince Father to seek peace with the other outside factions, or, if he cannot be convinced (either trying to convince him or lying that you agree with his beliefs), the ability to change the Institute's methods and goals once he passes and you become the new leader.

I actually really like the Institute and with their knowledge they'd be able to improve the wasteland, but I really don't want to nuke everyone on the surface just so I can have access to their shiny toilets and teleportation. And I like the other factions too, especially the Minutemen. I'd really like to be able to become the leader of the Institute, and then go to the other leaders (excluding Minutemen as you're their leader too) and convince them you're turning the Institute in a new direction, and similar to the Paarthurnax Dilemma mod for Skyrim, I should reasonably be able to change their minds considering they already trust me after I've worked for them and helped their organisations.

I was wondering if there's any other alternate Institute ending mods that I'm unaware of that do anything like this, or if not, if this would be something someone could make, or if someone would be willing to help me create this myself. I have some basic knowledge of CK dialogue and quest making, and I know how to work with voice files to a degree (I'm okay with audio editing and using the file types that Bethesda games use for their voiced lines), but I'd need help with things like scripting (which I still cannot seem to wrap my head around).

Anyways, any info or tips on this would be appreciated!

• 2 months later...

T

I have seen an alternate ending mod for the Institute, but it involved siding with a different faction and then not destroying the Institute.

What I'm looking for is a mod that let's you side with the Institute but either convince Father to seek peace with the other outside factions, or, if he cannot be convinced (either trying to convince him or lying that you agree with his beliefs), the ability to change the Institute's methods and goals once he passes and you become the new leader.

I actually really like the Institute and with their knowledge they'd be able to improve the wasteland, but I really don't want to nuke everyone on the surface just so I can have access to their shiny toilets and teleportation. And I like the other factions too, especially the Minutemen. I'd really like to be able to become the leader of the Institute, and then go to the other leaders (excluding Minutemen as you're their leader too) and convince them you're turning the Institute in a new direction, and similar to the Paarthurnax Dilemma mod for Skyrim, I should reasonably be able to change their minds considering they already trust me after I've worked for them and helped their organisations.

I was wondering if there's any other alternate Institute ending mods that I'm unaware of that do anything like this, or if not, if this would be something someone could make, or if someone would be willing to help me create this myself. I have some basic knowledge of CK dialogue and quest making, and I know how to work with voice files to a degree (I'm okay with audio editing and using the file types that Bethesda games use for their voiced lines), but I'd need help with things like scripting (which I still cannot seem to wrap my head around).

Anyways, any info or tips on this would be appreciated!

This is a great idea.