F4SE: 0.6.4 Runtime: 1.10.64 did not work

djpmflash

XfJBDBy.png

I found a exe of mine from August 2016 from one of my drives and installed it with the corresponding (F4SE) from there archive and my game had no ability to exit and ctrl+alt+delete was the only way to quit the game and in Vault 111 it was flashing on screen so badly I thought I was going to have a seizure

Hi Guys, ran into this problem myself would someone have an fallout4.exe they could post before update. I tried using the method using steamDB but could to with a better tutorial to explain how to rollback version. Any help would be great.

Jonny

1. go here: https://steamdb.info/app/377160/depots/ Take note of the app ID for fallout4. (377160)

2. click the 377162 ID number and take note of it.

3. click on the manifests tab.

4. copy the manifest ID for the november release

5. completely close steam and make sure you exit it from the system tray.

6. create a new shortcut to steam, leave the quotation marks on, but add -console to the end of the target. It will look like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -console

7. reopen steam using this new shortcut and click on the console tab.

8. in the text box at the bottom, type this: download_depot 377160 377162 6449513258100364429

9. press enter and let steam finish downloading. it will tell you where it saves the file. open that directory.

10. go to your fallout 4 directory. for me this is \steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4

11. rename the existing fallout4.exe to fallout4.old

12. copy the new file from step 9 into this folder.

13. launch the game using f4se. enjoy.

Edited by mizeryschild

Well, I followed the video and got the previous version of fallout (1.10.50), logged out of Steam, replaced the .exe, and loaded the game using F4SE. It got rid of the error indicating that the game version didnt match the F4SE version. Yay, right?

Unfortunately, when I go to load a save game, it indicates that the game contains mods, and mods have been disabled. Is this message normal? It sounds like the error is gone, but F4SE isn't working still. The Settings screen in the main game menu still has the right version, 1.10.50. The only thing I use F4SE for is to turn achievements back on while running Sim Settlement, so I guess I'll just chill until F4SE is updated :sad:

Well, I followed the video and got the previous version of fallout (1.10.50), logged out of Steam, replaced the .exe, and loaded the game using F4SE. It got rid of the error indicating that the game version didnt match the F4SE version. Yay, right?

Unfortunately, when I go to load a save game, it indicates that the game contains mods, and mods have been disabled. Is this message normal? It sounds like the error is gone, but F4SE isn't working still. The Settings screen in the main game menu still has the right version, 1.10.50. The only thing I use F4SE for is to turn achievements back on while running Sim Settlement, so I guess I'll just chill until F4SE is updated :sad:

if you want to turn on achievements you can use this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15639/ , it doesn't need f4se to run

if you want to turn on achievements you can use this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15639/ , it doesn't need f4se to run

Yes, I saw mention of that mod earlier in this thread, but it seems to use some form of dll injection, and its unclear from that mod's forum whether it actually works as intended.

EDIT: Figured it out. I was launching the game incorrectly after rolling it back. I'm squared away now :thumbsup:

Edited by teahousefox

Hi Guys, ran into this problem myself would someone have an fallout4.exe they could post before update. I tried using the method using steamDB but could to with a better tutorial to explain how to rollback version. Any help would be great.

Jonny

1. go here: https://steamdb.info/app/377160/depots/ Take note of the app ID for fallout4. (377160)

2. click the 377162 ID number and take note of it.

3. click on the manifests tab.

4. copy the manifest ID for the november release

5. completely close steam and make sure you exit it from the system tray.

6. create a new shortcut to steam, leave the quotation marks on, but add -console to the end of the target. It will look like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -console

7. reopen steam using this new shortcut and click on the console tab.

8. in the text box at the bottom, type this: download_depot 377160 377162 6449513258100364429

9. press enter and let steam finish downloading. it will tell you where it saves the file. open that directory.

10. go to your fallout 4 directory. for me this is \steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4

11. rename the existing fallout4.exe to fallout4.old

12. copy the new file from step 9 into this folder.

13. launch the game using f4se. enjoy.

@mizeryschild Thank you so much for this walk through. Worked like a charm :thumbsup: