F4SE: 0.6.4 Runtime: 1.10.64 did not work

djpmflash

What a bad update :ohmy:

Half of my mods are bugged with the new version and f4se 1.6.5. Some of the mods are out of maintenance, so they won't get an upgrade anymore. Hope to find a download link for 1.10.50 to roll that back. For straight gamers without any mods the upgrade may, for modded environment's its horrible.

Rollback Solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/7soekp/rolling_back_to_11050/

I seriously need some help.

The update somehow got me too, and I didn't have a rollback system.

So, I went ahead and tried to update my F4SE. Deleted all the old files and whatnot.

But it's not working. I click it, it seems like it's gonna load for a sec, then nothing.

Could someone give me a step-by-step? In case I missed something.

I know it should be a simple task to update F4SE, but it always gives me so much trouble.

Try to remove CC items, primarily the skin colors, and see if that helps. I removed all the mods and CC items, did the verify integrity thing in steam (Right-Click the game, in Steam, click properties, Local Files and Verify Integrity) and installed only the weapons (I have 3) and power armor (I have 2) CC and it seems to be stable. As soon as can get the newest F4SE, I'll try some of the mods.

If you don't want to go through all that, just try this.

Hi Guys, ran into this problem myself would someone have an fallout4.exe they could post before update. I tried using the method using steamDB but could to with a better tutorial to explain how to rollback version. Any help would be great.

Jonny

1. go here: https://steamdb.info/app/377160/depots/ Take note of the app ID for fallout4. (377160)

2. click the 377162 ID number and take note of it.

3. click on the manifests tab.

4. copy the manifest ID for the november release

5. completely close steam and make sure you exit it from the system tray.

6. create a new shortcut to steam, leave the quotation marks on, but add -console to the end of the target. It will look like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -console

7. reopen steam using this new shortcut and click on the console tab.

8. in the text box at the bottom, type this: download_depot 377160 377162 6449513258100364429

9. press enter and let steam finish downloading. it will tell you where it saves the file. open that directory.

10. go to your fallout 4 directory. for me this is \steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4

11. rename the existing fallout4.exe to fallout4.old

12. copy the new file from step 9 into this folder.

13. launch the game using f4se. enjoy.

Also wanted to share my thanks! Worked perfectly :)