High quality vanilla companion retexture?

SizzyBubbles

Heya. I'm re-doing this request because i didn't think I worded what i was requesting very well. Don't know how to delete my old post either (sorry).

Mainly I'm pretty surprised there aren't any quality retextures for our 12 companions ***that stick with the vanilla looks. The best I've found so far is "Companion Rextextures" https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25852/?tab which looks frickin great! But only does Cait, Piper, and Curie... I'm super surprised there isn't anything for Nick Valentine, Hancock (and his coat), or even Dogmeat! It does get a little tiring looking at those sometimes blurry textures after hours and hours of playing! X)
All the other mods available change the companion's appearance, sometimes drastically, which is really no fun for us players who just want to keep their classic, vanilla appearance.
I can't be alone in this can I?

Edited by SizzyBubbles

Heya. I'm re-doing this request because i didn't think I worded what i was requesting very well. Don't know how to delete my old post either (sorry).

Mainly I'm pretty surprised there aren't any quality retextures for our 12 companions ***that stick with the vanilla looks. The best I've found so far is "Companion Rextextures" https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25852/?tab which looks frickin great! But only does Cait, Piper, and Curie... I'm super surprised there isn't anything for Nick Valentine, Hancock (and his coat), or even Dogmeat! It does get a little tiring looking at those sometimes blurry textures after hours and hours of playing! X)

All the other mods available change the companion's appearance, sometimes drastically, which is really no fun for us players who just want to keep their classic, vanilla appearance.

Theres a lot idk where your looking? Dogmeat has a s#*! ton everywhere, and I found hancocks and coat retexts in like 2 seconds by searching hancock coat, nick valentine has very nice retex called valentine reborn which I personally use. If you just dont want blurry textures I suggest getting the high quality texture pack for fallout 4 from steam as long as your computer can handle it.

Theres a lot idk where your looking? Dogmeat has a s*** ton everywhere, and I found hancocks and coat retexts in like 2 seconds by searching hancock coat, nick valentine has very nice retex called valentine reborn which I personally use. If you just dont want blurry textures I suggest getting the high quality texture pack for fallout 4 from steam as long as your computer can handle it.

The Nick Reborn one looks awesome, but changes his appearance to much (and makes him look 'younger' for some reason?). I must have missed the Hancock coat one? Can you link me?

Also I know there's a lot of good retextures out there... but a lot of them change the appearance or make them look 'pretty' etc etc.

I haven't heard good things about Bethesda's official texture pack, assuming that what you are talking out, I remember the reviews being not so good.

Don't waste your time with the (ahem) hi-res DLC, it's a waste of bandwidth downloading the 50gb of files for barely any improvement, when there are so many mods here that dramatically improve the textures.

Valentine Reborn by 83Willow is the best texture overhaul mod for Nick, and only makes him look ten years 'younger' imho. There's another mod (Nick Valentine Android Face Texture) that makes him look more like in his 'thirties' so to speak, and another (Nick Valentine Reimagined) that seems to retain his vanilla 'age' but gives him creepy lifeless-looking eyes that adds to the uncanny vally vibe that you'd expect of gen 2 synths; unfortunately the screenshots the mod author provided are low quality so I've no idea if it's a reasonable improvement to the vanilla textures, but I'm going to try it out just for the eyes.

For female companions, I've personally not found any that I especially liked, as they tend to deviate too much from the vanilla look and give Cait, Curry etc a hollywood style glamor, which is a bit immersion-breaking. I did get to test out a visual overhaul mod for Piper that I thought looked fantastic & managed to retain realism, but the mod author went quiet and never released it.

Retextured Super Mutants by Ben Ephla is a slick retexture for Strong (and all the Super Mutants)