Replacing Undergarments on Body Texture Mod for UNP

Zaradriel

TL;DR I want the "Bikini Type III Covered A5" underwear from Tempered Skins for Females in my game while using Mature Skin Texture. Please help!

I've been using mods for a few years now, first with Oldrim and now SSE, and while I've done some more "advanced" things like unpacking, optimizing, repacking, and even porting a few Oldrim mods over myself for my personal use, I've never created a mod or done any real changes to a mod in order to suit my personal tastes, so please forgive my ignorance. I throw myself at the mercy of this community and ask for your help to accomplish this. If my post is in the wrong place, or anything about it breaks rules or etiquette please let me know and I will do my best to correct that. For the sake of clarity, I will italicize the names of the mods to which I refer, and will link them at the bottom of my post.

I use UNP Female Body Renewal. I used to use that with Tempered Skins for Females, but have since switched to Mature Skin Texture. What I'm trying to do, however, is change the white undergarments for females that Mature Skin Texture and UNP Female Body Renewal use to the "Bikini Type III Covered A5" variant from Tempered Skins.

Everything I tried that involved replacing files in Mature Skin Texture and/or UNP Female Body Renewal did not work. So, I turned to Leather Underwear Retexture for UNP to make sure that said underwear could even *be* replaced. That worked and actually changed the default white bikini. So then I tried renaming copies of the bikini meshes and textures that I wanted to fit the names for Leather Underwear Retexture for UNP's conventions, replacing the original files, repacking and installing it, but that didn't work either; after multiple attempts, I wound up either with still having the leather bikini *or* it reverting to the basic white bikini. And one attempt my character wound up just completely nude, which was amusing.

My Google searches yielded nothing that explained to me how to do this, or if they did, it wasn't in such a way that I recognized that information for what it was or understood how to do it. I'm really at a loss here and any help would be beyond appreciated. Thank you!

UNP Female Body Renewal

Tempered Skins for Females

Mature Skin Texture and Body for UNP UNPB 7Base CBBE Vanilla

Leather Underwear Retexture for UNP