Invisible piece of mesh?

Hi hi hi. Starting out and learning to mod apparel. I'm making a simple mashup of courser coat + jeans.

Hands were invisible at first, but I figured it out. nice! Everything else works fine. However, these is still an invisible chunk on the female left (Pip-Boy side) sleeve. Male version looks fine.

I checked and double-checked the nif, but nothing in the mesh is missing. All models look fine in nifskope. In-game however is this stubborn, empty chunk! What do?

I've been pecking at this for most morning and still no dice. I can just remove the gloves with no problem, but when I delete any part of the pants part of the mesh, it messes with that arm. so it's gotta be something with that mesh.

How exactly do I check the UV--can this be done in Nifskope or Outfit Studio?

does this have to do something with there being no female coursers? weird!

hey! am here

I tried updating the tangent spaces for the mesh with no effect.

I also tried looking for BSMeshLODTriShape, but it looks like the affected section is a BSSubIndexTriShape. Or I'm not looking in the right place, very possible.

Here is a drive link. The mesh is CourserJeans.nif, but I included the male and 1st person meshes for additional reference.

There is also an unedited mesh that keeps the pants, since deleting any of those vertices seems to activate the problem.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HS0TeKjqnkRIInuWXW8SCfBxps2unyRD?usp=sharing