Fallout 3 Freezing/Crashing while Playing...

NicholasVickers

He removed fallout stutter remover.

(Though hypothetically, it can be achieved by editing the INI file and turn both critical and criticallight = 0 .

... admittedly I read that and not being a Win 10 user, I was unsure exactly what that meant. My Bad.

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone, This year I just got back into Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3, and was unable to get them to work when they were previously installed. I got New Vegas to work again, but I'm having a MAJOR problem with Fallout 3. I've done a good amount of the troubleshooting steps that you expect to do when running the game so far. My main issue is that I can get the game to run, but between 5-35 minutes of gameplay, I end up crashing/freezing to the point to where I have to forcibly close FO3. Here are my specs, and my load order.

Load Order: https://imgur.com/a/Wuoy6

Specs: Intel i5-4670

GTX EVGA 1080 SC

16 GB RAM

Also, I would like to note I do install FO3 on another drive other that my Local Disk, if that has any significance.

Your load list is a mess. If you go to the FWE mod page and scroll down, there is a sample load order there. Compare it to yours and make the changes.

Compatibility patches must load after the last mod that is being patched.

You do not need the RH_EVE_Bridge with the Blackened patch.

You do not need the RH_FWE_Bridge with the Blackened patch.

Do not try to play through the tutorial with mods active. Wait until you are in the vault tunnel, make a save, activate your mods and exit the tunnel to the wasteland.

Make another save after you are in the wasteland. This will allow you to start a new playthrough without going through the character creation or the tutorial.

If you want to change your character, use the save you made in the vault tunnel.

DO NOT USE LOOT to sort your load order if you want a playable game.

Okay. I'll bite; what's wrong with LOOT?