Crafting UI Quantity Indicator

abborre

I don't know if what I'm asking here is impossible or simply way more than anyone has the skill and motivation to do, but I for one am really bothered that I don't actually get any indication of how many items I am making when I'm viewing a recipe on a station such as the chemistry station. Back in Skyrim, there was a pair of parentheses besides a recipe that produced more than 1 item, in which it was shown how many items the recipe will produce.

Of course, most recipes in the game only make 1 item at a time, but some recipes added by mods don't, and I'm personally planning on making my own mod where knowing how many items each recipe produces will be absolutely essential.

Thus, I really think a quantity indicator in recipes like we had back in Skyrim is needed, so I guess it falls to modders to pick up the slack whenever Bethesda takes steps backwards for no discernible reason. At least assuming it's realistically possible, I can imagine that it might not be in this case, but I'm testing my luck by throwing out this request anyway.

Or maybe there is some sort of quantity indicator somewhere that I have somehow managed to miss, in which case this whole affair will be quite embarrassing for me.

well , what you are asking for is that mod authors add the quantity at the end of the recipe name , when it's not 1

It's actually something that some mod authors already do , while others may not

so If this is a specific issue , maybe you should either request this from the specific mod author , or just edit this yourself (this shouldn't be too difficult to do)

If you plan on making a mod , just make sure to add the quantity to the recipe's name , and that's probably all you need

well , what you are asking for is that mod authors add the quantity at the end of the recipe name , when it's not 1

I don't know what you're talking about. Recipes don't have names in Fallout 4. Recipes had custom names in previous Fallout games I believe, but in Fallout 4 they only have IDs that are not visible in-game. All you see in-game is the name of the item produced, the ingredients and the requirements.

What you might be thinking of is how the author of Craftable Acids And Adhesives did it, but that concernes Junk items. For example, in that mod there are several recipes called "stinger acid" which all have quantities besides them. But that's not the recipe name, it's the ITEM name, the author made separate junk items to represent the different craftable quantities of acid you got from different recipes, the diplayed quantity is part of the name of the item you make, representing th number of units of acid that item contains, it's not part of the recipe name, because recipe have no names visible in-game.

This is no use when the items in questions are things like amounts of ammunition. The only way to make that work within the current system would be to make you craft special dummy items which had names containing the number of items they represented, which were scripted to exchange themselves for the item sthey represent once in your inventory.